Cream cheese pound cake is a decadent sweet treat everyone will love. Full of tender vanilla bean flavor and topped with a tangy lemon glaze.
- 3 Sticks Butter - room temperature
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese - softened
- 2 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 6 Extra Large Eggs - room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3 Cups Flour - spooned, sifted, leveled*
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
Lemon Glaze - optional
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Thoroughly grease a bundt pan with cooking spray or melted butter and coat with flour.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Add in the sugar and beat for 3 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs. Add 1 egg at a time to the butter mixture, making sure to scrape down the bowl in between each addition. Mix on low. Do not overmix.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, and salt. To measure the flour, spoon the flour into the measuring cups, and gently level off with the late part of a knife.
- With the mixer still on low, slowly pour in the sifted dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Lastly, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in the vanilla bean paste and lemon zest. Give one final mix.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and mix with a rubber spatula, making sure to scrape down the sides mixing sure everything is mixed well.
- Spoon the batter into the grease bund pan as evenly as you can.
- Place in the oven for 80-90 minutes. Check for doneness at 80 minutes by inserting a toothpick in the middle. It will be done when the toothpick pulls out clean with only a few crumbs remaining on it.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip out onto a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle over top of the cooled cake if desired.
- Serve plain or with fresh berries and whipped cream.
- If you do not have vanilla bean paste, use 1 1/2 tablespoons of vanilla extract.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 501
- Sugar: 37.1 g
- Sodium: 251.1 mg
- Fat: 27.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.9 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 6.7 g
- Cholesterol: 148.2 mg
Keywords: Cream Cheese Pound Cake