You will love this baked ham and cheese quiche made with a flaky homemade southern pie crust. This savory recipe is loaded with diced ham, and a combination of both Swiss and cheddar cheese. Baked in the oven for 45 minutes, resulting in a golden and cheesy quiche that's perfect to enjoy for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 Homemade Pie Crust
- Or 1 Store-Bought Pie Crust
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese (4 ounces) - grated
- 1/2 Cup Swiss Cheese (4 ounces) - grated
- 1/2 Pound Cubed Ham (8 ounces)
- Follow the recipe for Homemade Pie Crust
- For a homemade and store-bought crust - BLIND BAKE: Once your pie crust is on the pie plate, place a sheet of parchment paper over the top, larger than the actual pie plate. Place pie weights or dried beans over top of the paper and spread evenly over the bottom of the shell, making sure to get all the way to the edges, corners, and sides. Place in the oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Once finished, remove and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove the pie weights once cool. Proceed with the recipe.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Grate both kinds of cheese. It is better to grate your own from a block of cheese rather than use pre-shredded bagged.
- In a large bowl, add 8 eggs and beat with a fork until the yolks are broken.
- Add in the milk, salt, and black pepper, and dry mustard. Whisk well.
- Add in the shredded cheese and ham. Mix well.
- Pour carefully into the blind-baked pie crust and place into the oven to bake for 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees or until the middle is set and doesn't jiggle anymore (check at 45 minutes - if still jiggles in the middle, bake for 5-10 more minutes until just set).
- Keep leftovers covered tightly in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Make Ahead Tips
- Prep and bake according to directions. Cool and place covered in the fridge for 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove it from the fridge. This can be served cold, at room temp, or if you would like it warm - place it in a 200-degree oven for about 10-20 minutes until gently warmed back up!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 319
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 426 mg
- Fat: 20.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 20.6 g
- Cholesterol: 230 mg
Keywords: Ham and Cheese Quiche, Diced Ham, Swiss, and Cheddar Cheese Breakfast Quiche, Ham and Swiss Quiche, Ham and Cheddar Quiche