Easy Chicken and Spinach Skillet Pasta is a one-pot meal that will leave you wanting seconds & thirds. It is the perfect healthy and easy weeknight meal.
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 1/2 Onion - chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves - minced
- 8 Ounces Roasted Red Peppers - chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Bag of Banza Pasta - regular pasta or pasta alternative can be subbed
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth Broth
- 3-4 Handfuls of Spinach
- 1 Pound Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan - freshly grated
- 1/4 Cup Mozerella
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chop & dice 1/2 an onion and add to a cast-iron skillet set on medium heat with olive oil. Sautee until translucent - about 5 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic cooking for another couple of minutes.
- Add in the roughly chopped roasted red peppers and red pepper flakes. Then stir in 1 8ounce box of Banza Chickpea pasta.
- Add 1 cup of broth to the skillet, stir and place a lid on, letting the pasta cook for 5-8 minutes. Be sure to stir every minute or so to ensure the pasta is not sticking to the skillet.
- Once the pasta is almost cooked, add a couple of handfuls of spinach to the skillet. Place the lid back on so the spinach can wilt. Continue stirring.
- Finally, add in 1 pound of cooked and chopped chicken *, parmesan and mozzarella. Stir to make sure all is combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
- Any kind of chicken can be used. Chicken that has been cooked and prepared ahead of time, rotisserie chicken, etc. If you would like to make at the same time, dice chicken and add to the cast iron skillet with olive oil and saute until cooked through at the very beginning. Continue with step one and the onions from then on.
- Be sure to stir often. I found the chickpea pasta breaks down a little more than regular pasta and can easily stick to the bottom of the skillet. Stir often and do not overcook to ensure that doesn't happen.
- Leftovers can be enjoyed for 3-4 days after.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner-Patsa
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 scoop
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 213.7 mg
- Fat: 5.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.7 g
- Fiber: 4.7 g
- Protein: 22.6 g
- Cholesterol: 44.4 mg
Keywords: Easy Chicken and Spinach Skillet Pasta