Easy Chicken and Spinach Skillet Pasta is a one-pot meal that will leave you wanting seconds & thirds. It is the perfect healthy and easy weeknight meal.
Ok, this recipe is finally here! If you follow me on Insta then you have seen me make this Easy Chicken and Spinach Skillet Pasta with Banza Pasta SO MANY times since the beginning of the year. It has been highly requested and here you have it!
Our Costco had Banza Pasta on the shelves at the beginning of the year. I had been curious to try it because I had seen so many people eat it and I am a fan now! Honestly, the biggest appeal for me was the 14g of protein and 8g of fiber per serving. Forget having protein and fiber with regular pasta - not happening.
I was curious to see how it cooked and tasted. I have not cooked it on its own yet because I have been obsessed with this recipe - for good reason 😉
From what I can tell so far is it cooked slightly differently than regular pasta. It breaks down a little more easily and it's easy to overcook. However in this recipe in particular, if you just keep stirring, you can prevent this from sticking to the bottom and overcooking.
Ingredients Needed for Easy Chicken and Spinach Skillet Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- ½ Onion - chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves - minced
- 8 Ounces Roasted Red Peppers - chopped
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Bag of Banza Pasta - regular pasta or another pasta alternative can be subbed
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth Broth
- 3-4 Handfuls of Spinach
- 1 Pound Chicken
- ¼ Cup Parmesan - freshly grated
- ¼ Cup Mozerella
- Salt & Pepper to taste
How to Make Easy Chicken and Spinach Skillet Pasta
- Chop & dice ½ an onion and add to a cast-iron skillet set on medium heat with olive oil. Saute until translucent - about 5 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic cooking for another couple of minutes.
- Add in the roughly chopped roasted red peppers and red pepper flakes. Then stir in 1 8ounce box of Banza Chickpea pasta.
- Add 1 cup of broth to the skillet, stir and place a lid on, letting the pasta cook for 5-8 minutes. Be sure to stir every minute or so to ensure the pasta is not sticking to the skillet.
- Once the pasta is almost cooked, add a couple of handfuls of spinach to the skillet. Place the lid back on so the spinach can wilt. Continue stirring.
- Finally, add in 1 pound of cooked and chopped chicken *, parmesan and mozzarella. Stir to make sure all is combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
This is a one-skillet 30-minute meal that is getting us through the weeknights around here. It makes a ton, super filling (hello high in fiber!) and we can eat on it for the next couple of days.
I don't know what it is, I am assuming it is the pasta, but the combo with that, the broth, and the little bit of cheese - it creates this luscious creamy situation that I can't get enough of.
Can I Use Regular Pasta Instead of Chickpea Pasta?
Regular pasta can be subbed if you do not have any pasta alternatives on hand, but give it a try if you haven't! I think it will surprise you! You can find them at almost every major
Tell me below if you have tried this and if you like it too. Happy 30-minute meals!
More Chicken Recipes You Will Love!
- White Chicken Chili
- Easy Southwestern Chicken Soup
- Greek Salad with Roasted Chicken
- Herbed Grilled Chicken
- Green Chile & Tomatillo Chicken Roll Ups
- Easy Salsa Chicken [Instant Pot or Slow Cooker]
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Healthy Chicken Bites with Honey Buffalo Dipping Sauce
- BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad with Herb Yogurt Dressing