This simple appetizer recipe for shaved ham and Swiss cheese sandwiches is made with canned biscuits — a Southern staple! The flaky biscuit sandwiches are oven-baked briefly, until golden brown. The recipe yields 8 sandwiches and is ready within 30 minutes. Serve the sandwiches warm directly out of the oven.
- 1 Pound Deli Ham - shaved
- 4 Tablespoons Butter - melted
- 4 Tablespoons Horseradish Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped/Minced Onions or 1 Teaspoon Minced Onions
- 2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- 2 Cans Flaky Biscuits - 8 count
- 8 Slices of Swiss Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees,
- Briefly run the shaved ham through a food processor for a couple of pulses until finely minced.
- In a large bowl, add the ham, butter, mustard, onion, and poppy seeds. Mix until well combined. If the mixture is a little dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of melted butter and mustard until more moisture is added in.
- Roll out 8 biscuits into 3-4" circles and place on a lined baking sheet with parchment paper (4 per sheet).
- Evenly distribute the ham mixture on the top of each biscuit.
- Top each biscuit with a slice of cheese.
- Roll out the other 8 biscuits to a 3" circle and place them on top of each sandwich. Sprinkle the top with more poppy seeds.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 472
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 1621.7 mg
- Fat: 27.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.2 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 21.6 g
- Cholesterol: 73.6 mg
Keywords: Easy Ham and Swiss Biscuit Sandwiches