Frozen peanut butter stuffed dates with a sprinkle of sea salt are going to be your new favorite afternoon snack. Healthy, filling, and the perfect salty-sweet combo.
- Medjool Dates
- Natural Peanut Butter
- Sea Salt
- Slice each date down the middle (like a hot dog bun) and remove the pit and end stem. Open up so the inside is exposed.
- With a butter knife, scoop out about 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of peanut butter (depending on how big or small your date is) and stuff the inside of the date.
- Place on a plate and repeat with the remaining dates.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once frozen, place in a freezer safe bag or container and keep in the freezer. Enjoy!
- Medjool dates from Traders Joes are my favorite and personal preference - but you can use whatever kind of date you like or can find. You can find them next to the dried fruits and trial mix section in most grocery stores.
- We use natural peanut butter for these but any nut butter would work. Almond, cashew, sunflower - whatever you like or have! Just make sure if you are using a natural kind that you stir up the container to mix the oil back together and stick in the fridge a day before making these so that the nut butter can be more solid. It is easier to scoop and stuff the dates when it is more solid than when you first open a jar and it is more runny.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 date
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 16.1 g
- Sodium: 108.3 mg
- Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Frozen Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates