Frozen Watermelon and Mint Margarita is the perfect slushy adult beverage this summer! This watermelon margarita is light and refreshing and will be a new favorite.
Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Sprig of Mint Leaves (5-10 Leaves)
Margarita for 1
- 1 Cup Frozen Watermelon Cubes
- 1 Shot Tequila (1.5 Ounce)
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 2 Mint Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Mint Simple Syrup*
- 4 Ounces Lime Seltzer Water
- Handful of Ice
Pitcher of Watermelon and Mint Margarita (for 6)
- 6 Cups Frozen Watermelon Cubes
- 6 Shots Tequila (9 Ounces or 1 Cup)
- Juice of 3 Limes
- 12 Mint Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Mint Simple Syrup*
- 24 Ounces (3 Cups) Lime Seltzer Water
- 6 Large Handfuls of Ice
Mint Simple Syrup
- To a medium saucepan, add in 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of water, and 5-10 mint leaves.
- Place on the stove over medium heat and bring up to a low boil.
- Once at a low boil, turn down to medium-low heat and cook for 10 minutes. Stir to dissolve the sugar completely.
- Once finished, remove the mint leaves and store in a mason jar in the fridge until needed.
- Cut a fresh watermelon into bite-size chunks. Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for about an hour or until the watermelon is completely frozen. Store in a freezer-safe bag until ready to use.
- To a large blender add frozen watermelon chunks, tequila, lime juice, mint leaves, mint simple syrup, lime sparkling water, and ice.
- Turn blender on high for 60 seconds to thoroughly blend everything together and make a slushy marg consistency.
- Salt the rim of your glass. To a shallow bowl or plate add margarita salt (affiliate link) and the zest of 1/2 lime. Using the other half of the lime, rim the glass with lime juice, then place it on top of the salt and lime zest. Turn around on all sides making sure to coat the rim entirely.
- Pour your frozen margarita into your cup. Top with a spring of mint and a straw and enjoy!
- Mint simple syrup can be used in Iced Coffee or any other cocktail or summery drink that you like!
- If you want the marg to be sweeter, just add more of the simple syrup.
- Make it a virgin! Skip the alcohol and proceed with the rest of the recipe making this a delicious Watermelon and Mint slushy!
- If you do not like tequila, use vodka instead.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Drinks/Cocktails
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 glass
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 13.4 g
- Sodium: 25.7 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.5 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Watermelon and Mint Margarita