Frozen Watermelon and Mint Margarita is the perfect slushy adult beverage this summer! This watermelon margarita is light and refreshing and will be a new favorite.
There is nothing better than a slushy adult beverage in the summer.
Am I right?!
Ice cold and by the pool is how I will take this watermelon and mint margarita please and thank you. Oh and with a side of chips and salsa if possible too. ?
This recipe can be made for just 1 or a pitcher full for all your friends. With just a couple fresh and simple summer ingredients, this marg will be your new favorite in no time!
Ingredients Needed for this Frozen Watermelon and Mint Margarita
- Frozen watermelon cubes
- Lime Juice
- Mint leaves
- Mint simple syrup
- Lime seltzer water
PRO TIP - make sure you get good quality tequila that you actually like. There is literally nothing worse than cheap tequila ? Barf. No thank you. I used Casamigos tequila for this recipe.
How to Make Mint Simple Syrup
- To a medium saucepan, add in 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of water, and 5-10 mint leaves.
- Place on the stove over medium heat and bring up to a low boil.
- Once at a low boil, turn down to medium-low heat and cook for 10 minutes. Stir to dissolve the sugar completely.
- Once finished, remove the mint leaves and store in a mason jar in the fridge until needed.
Mint simple syrup can be used in Iced Coffee or any other cocktail or summery drink that you like!
How to Make a Frozen Watermelon and Mint Margarita
- Freeze your watermelon. Cut a fresh watermelon into bite-size chunks. Spread out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for about an hour or until the watermelon is completely frozen. Store in a freezer-safe bag until ready to use.
- To a large blender add 1 cup of frozen watermelon chunks, 1 shot (1.5 ounces) of tequila, juice of ½ lime, 2 fresh mint leaves, 1 teaspoon of mint simple syrup, 4 ounces of lime sparkling water, and a handful of ice.
- Turn blender on high for 60 seconds to thoroughly blend everything together and make a slushy marg consistency.
- Salt the rim of your glass. To a shallow bowl or plate add margarita salt and the zest of ½ lime. Using the other half of the lime, rim the glass with lime juice, then place it on top of the salt and lime zest. Turn around on all sides making sure to coat the rim entirely.
- Pour your frozen margarita into your cup. Top with a spring of mint and a straw and enjoy!
What is the Difference Between a Margarita and a Skinny Margarita?
A skinny margarita is a low-calorie version of a margarita.
Instead of using a premade margarita mix or syrup, a skinny margarita will use fresh citrus juice and a small amount of sweeteners such as simple syrup or agave.
This watermelon and mint margarita is considered a skinny margarita! Waaahhhoooo!!
What Can I Use Instead of Tequila in a Margarita?
If you are not a tequila fan, no worries! Use vodka instead!
And you can also make this a virgin drink! Just skip any alcohol and make a normal to have yourself a refreshing watermelon and mint slushy!
What is the Difference Between Gold and Silver Tequila?
Tequila is made by juicing and distilling the juice of a blue agave plant. After the tequila is distilled, silver, or Blanco tequila, is bottled up and sold pretty much right away.
Aging tequila for a longer amount of time results in a sweeter tequila and more of a golden color.
More Drink and Cocktail Recipes You Will Love!
- How to Make an Authentic Greek Frappe [VIDEO]
- Jalapeno Lemonade
- How to Make a Moscow Mule
- Easy Mint Cold Brew
- Cranberry Pomegranate Christmas Punch