My mama's pecan pie is everything you love about pecan pie. Sweet, a rich bourbon flavor, flaky pie crust. You will love this pecan pie!
- 1 - Homemade Pie Crust or Storebought Pie Crust
Pecan Pie Filling
- 1 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Bourbon (Makers Mark recommended)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Cornmeal
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Pecans
Blind Bake Pie Crust
- If you are making a homemade pie crust or using store-bought, it needs to be blind-baked beforehand.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place wax or parchment paper over the pie crust on the pie plate. Pour in baking beans or pie weights and evenly distribute around the shell.
- Place in the oven for 15-16 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Pick up the edges of the wax or parchment paper and pour the beans into a mason jar. Proceed with the recipe as directed.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients except for pecans in a large bowl and whisk together until well-mixed.
- Add the pecans to the mixture and store well until coated.
- Pour the filling over the blind-baked pie crust.
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes. Check at 35 minutes. Remove immediately after the center does not jiggle anymore.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy with homemade whipped cream.
- Leftover pecan pie can be kept covered in the fridge for 4-6 days.
To Freeze and Make Pecan Pie Ahead of Time
- Follow the above recipe and instructions completely. Once the pie is baked, allow it to cool completely. Once cooled, wrap tightly in plastic wrap a couple of times and then with foil making sure it is airtight. Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- To eat, remove from the freezer and place in the fridge for 24 hours to thaw. Set out on the counter 1-2 hours prior to when needed to enjoy at room temp or enjoy cold straight from the fridge.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 405
- Sugar: 36.6 g
- Sodium: 221.5 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 74.7 mg
Keywords: Pecan Pie