My Mom's Apple Pie Recipe is one of my childhood favorites! Tart and sweet apple, flaky pie crust, buttery, and all the fall pie flavors!
- 2 - Homemade Pie Crusts or Storebought Pie Crust Sheets
- Milk and Sugar to topping crust
- 6-8 Good Size Granny Smith Apples
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 4 T Corn Starch
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cloves
- Lots of butter! About 4-6 Tablespoons
- If making a homemade pie crust, follow the instructions for that recipe (make 2 crusts).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and thinly slice all of the apples. A mandolin or food processor is the easiest and fastest way to do this.
- Add the peeled and sliced apples into a large bowl. Add in the rest of the filling ingredients and stir to coat the apples completely.
- Carefully layer the apples into the pie shell. Tuck them tightly against the edges and on top of each other.
- Take a couple of tablespoons of butter and cut it into dots. Dot the top of the apples with this butter (about 4-5 tablespoons). This is very important! Do not skip this step.
- Lay the second rolled-out pie crust on top of the apples. Crimp the edges together and decorate the top as you wish. If leaving undecorated, cut a couple of slices at the top of the crust to let the steam escape.
- Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with sugar (demerara or white sugar can be used).
- Bake for 1 hour and until bubbly. If it is getting too brown on top before finishing, lay a piece of foil loosely on top and finish baking.
- Let cool for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Wrap any leftover apple pie with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 4 days
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hour
- Category: Desserts - Pie
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 441
- Sugar: 35.9 g
- Sodium: 240.2 mg
- Fat: 21.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 58.9 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 43.9 mg
Keywords: Apple Pie