These Southern-inspired pimento cheese buttermilk drop biscuits are a quick one-bowl recipe, ready in 30 minutes. Loaded with cheddar cheese, tangy buttermilk, and diced pimentos, these biscuits are scooped onto a greased cast iron skillet, baked for 15 minutes at 450 until beautifully golden, and then brushed with garlic butter. These biscuits are the perfect combination of savory and comforting, making them an irresistible addition to any meal.
- 1/2 Cup Butter (1 stick) - cold & cubed
- 2 1/4 Cups Self Rising Flour
- 4 Ounces Cheddar Cheese (1 Cup) - finely grated
- 1 - 4 Ounce Jar Pimentos - drained
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- Bacon Grease - for greasing skillet
- 1/4 Cup Butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and place a cast iron skillet inside to heat up the oven.
- Remove a cold stick of butter straight out of the fridge and cut into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, add the cubed butter and self-rising flour. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour until small pea-like butter crumbles are throughout the flour. It will resemble a crumbly texture with small pea-like butter clumps.
- Add in cheddar cheese that has been grated on a fine grater and the pimentos. Stir with a spatula.
- Pour in the buttermilk, and gently stir the dough all together, mixing well and until no dry flour remains.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and scoop about a tablespoon of bacon grease into the skillet (be careful because it will be very hot) and move around all the bottom and sides.
- Use a large cookie dough scoop and scoop our biscuit dough into the hot and greased skillet. The dough can touch.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the biscuits are baking, add butter, garlic powder, and parsley to a small pot on medium-low heat on the stove. Melt slowly while baking and then turn off once completely melted.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven once the time is up. Use a pastry brush to brush the garlic butter onto the hot biscuits immediately.
- Serve hot and fresh!
- Keep leftovers stored air-tight in the fridge for 2 days.
- Grate your own cheddar cheese on a fine grater for this recipe - it yields a better flavor and texture than pre-shredded bagged cheddar cheese. I use sharp cheddar but any variety will work.
- You can use store-bought buttermilk or make your own at home following this 5-minute buttermilk recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 325.7 mg
- Fat: 11.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 31.6 mg
Keywords: Pimento Cheese Buttermilk Drop Biscuits, Pimento Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits, Pimento Cheese Buttermilk drop Biscuits, pimento cheese biscuits,