Old Fashioned Pumpkin Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting is one of my favorite pumpkin desserts. You can't go wrong with the fall classic!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 - 15 Ounce Caned Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese - softened
- 3 Tablespoon Butter - softened
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Milk or Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, milk, and vegetable oil. Using a whisk, mix until combined.
- Add in flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Use a spatula to thoroughly mix the batter until no flour is remaining and visible.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan very well and pour the batter in.
- Place in oven and bake for 60-65 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick to make sure it is finished (it will come out clean when fully baked).
- Remove and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then move to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix the softened cream cheese and butter with a stand or handheld mixer until fluffy and no clumps remain.
- Add in 1 cup of sifted powdered sugar and mix until everything is smooth and incorporated.
- Add in milk and vanilla. Mix again.
- Add in the final cup of powdered sugar and mix until smooth and mixed well.
- Spread or pipe out evenly onto the cool pumpkin cake.
- Slice the cooled and frosted pumpkin loaf and place it on a baking sheet.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour until each slice if frozen solid.
- Vacuum seal or store in a freezer-safe zip-top bag.
- Place in the freezer for up to 2 years if vacuum sealed and 6 months if not.
How to Make Your Own Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
Mix well and keep in an airtight container with your spices. Use 1 1/2 teaspoons of this mix for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 33.8 g
- Sodium: 329.6 mg
- Fat: 11.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 53.3 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
- Cholesterol: 58 mg
Keywords: Old Fashion Pumpkin Loaf