Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Egg White Quiche is a delightful breakfast or brunch option. Made with a buttery homemade pie crust, the flavor combination of roasted red peppers and spinach is paired perfectly with creamy feta cheese. This quiche is a crowd-pleaser that adds a touch of elegance to any morning spread.
- 1 Homemade Pie Crust Recipe
- Or 1 Store-Bought Pie Crust
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 5 Ounces Fresh Spinach
- 1 1/2 Cups Eggs Whites - or 8 egg whites
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 12 Ounces Roasted Red Peppers - chop if needed
- 4 Ounces Feta - crumble yourself from a block
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/4 t Red Pepper Flakes
- Follow the instructions for how to make a homemade pie crust here OR 1 premade frozen pie crust shell.
- BLIND BAKE (for both homemade and premade crust): Prick the bottom of the pie shell with a fork and place a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper over the top, larger than the actual pie plate. Place pie weights or dried beans over top of the paper and spread evenly over the bottom of the shell, making sure to get all the way to the edges and sides. Place in the oven at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Once finished, remove and let cool until the quiche mixture is ready. Remove the pie weights once cooled down a bit. Proceed with the recipe.
- Preheat oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Sautee spinach. In a large skillet over medium heat, add butter and spinach. Sautee down until the spinach is wilted for about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Make egg mixture. In a large bowl, add egg whites, milk, roasted red peppers (diced if in large pieces), crumbled feta, sauteed spinach, and spices.
- Bake. Pour carefully into the blind-baked pie crust and place into the oven to bake for 55-60 minutes or until the middle is set and doesn't jiggle anymore. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Homemade pie crust can be made up to 2 days before needed. Blind bake and cool completely. Keep stored in the fridge until needed for the quiche.
- Keep leftovers stored covered airtight in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 490.6 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
- Cholesterol: 20.6 mg
Keywords: Savory Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach Egg White Quiche, Egg White Quiche