Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing is the perfect salad to bring to all your holiday parties for a green addition to any table!
- 1 Pound Brussel Sprouts
- 1/2 Pound Bacon - sliced into thin strips or bits
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Arils
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan - grated
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1-2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt & Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to taste
For the Salad
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add in the bacon that has been sliced into thin strips or bits. Cook until crispy then remove onto paper towels to let cool and drain.
- To shave Brussel sprouts you will need a mandolin. Place on the thinnest setting and shave Brussels over a large bowl. Be sure to use the handle that comes with the mandolin and be very careful. Start from the top of the Brussel working all the way down just right before the stem. Discard the stem.
- Add in cooked and cooled bacon bits, pomegranates, sunflower seeds, and freshly shaved parmesan to the large bowl of shaved Brussels.
For the Dressing
- In a bowl, add olive oil, honey, dijon, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk to combine and until the oil is thoroughly incorporated throughout the dressing.
- Add in salt and pepper and whisk again. Taste and adjust as needed. If you like a tangier dressing add more dijon than honey and vice versa for a sweeter dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss with tongs till combined.
- Add some freshly cracked black pepper over the top and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be saved in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 day.
- This recipe is easily adjusted. Half the recipe for a serving for 2-4 or double to feed a larger crowd.
- Other add-in ideas that may be good as well:
- Slivered Almonds
- Candied Pecans
- Goat Cheese
- Feta Cheese
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 226.5 mg
- Fat: 25.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.6 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 7.3 g
- Cholesterol: 17.5 mg
Keywords: Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing