Sheet pan quesadilla is a fun and easy twist on a classic everyone loves! Fill with your favorite quesadilla ingredients - this quesadilla is big enough to feed a crowd!
- 8 Burrito Sized Flour Tortillas
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 Large Onion - diced
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic - minced
- 1 - 8 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce PLUS 1/4 can water to rinse out
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 4 Cups Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 - 15 Ounce Can Black Beans
- 1 - 4 Ounce Can Diced Green Chiles
- 1/4 Cup Pickled Jalapenos*
- 1/2 Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add diced onion and seasonings, Stir to mix.
- Add in tomato sauce and water.
- Turn the heat down and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
How to Assemble
- Using a baking sheet, place down 8 tortillas down, making sure to overlap and hang half over the sides (2 will go on each long side, 1 on each end, and 2 in the middle).
- Sprinkle the bottom with 1/2 the shredded cheese.
- Layer over the taco meat, black beans, green chilies, jalapenos, and cilantro evenly over top of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with the remaining half of cheese.
- Gently fold each tortilla towards the middle and place 1 last one in the middle to cover up the remaining gap. Brush the top with olive oil, and place another baking sheet on top - right side up - helping to hold the tortillas down and bake evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove, cut into squares and serve with your desired toppings.
- Anything can be used inside the quesadillas
- sub in ground turkey or chicken, rotisserie chicken, or go all cheese and veggie
- Use anything else inside that you would like - get creative! Different types of beans and cheese, onions, and peppers - the options are endless!
- Use more or fewer jalapenos depending on your preference - or skip altogether
- Store leftovers wrapped tightly in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 709.7 mg
- Fat: 15.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.8 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 22.7 g
- Cholesterol: 58.1 mg
Keywords: Sheet Pan Quesadilla