Sheet pan quesadilla is a fun and easy twist on a classic everyone loves! Fill with your favorite quesadilla ingredients - this quesadilla is big enough to feed a crowd!
Y'all! Justin and I have been LOVING this sheet pan quesadilla! And so have our friends! It is loaded with all our favorite fillings and big enough to feed an army. You are going to be obsessed with this!
I go in and out of funks where no food sounds good to me. It is weird and annoying - but no matter what, a cheese quesadilla ALWAYS sounds good to me!
You just can't beat it. Kids and adults alike can't turn down one.
And while they are so simple to make - making them for more than 2 people can take a while.
But not any longer!
Take all your quesadilla ingredients to a sheet pan and solve all the problems!
I know it probably sounds weird and you think it may not work - but I am here to tell you not to fear, it is everything you love about a quesadilla, just in a different form!
Sheet Pan Quesadillas Ingredients
- 8 Burrito Sized Flour Tortillas
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- ½ Large Onion - diced
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Cumin
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic - minced
- 1 - 8 Ounce Can Tomato Sauce PLUS ¼ can water to rinse out
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 4 Cups Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1 - 15 Ounce Can Black Beans
- 1 - 4 Ounce Can Diced Green Chiles
- ¼ Cup Pickled Jalapenos*
- ½ Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
How to Make Sheet Pan Quesadillas?
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add diced onion and seasonings, Stir to mix.
- Add in tomato sauce and water.
- Turn the heat down and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
How to Assemble
- Using a baking sheet, place down 8 tortillas down, making sure to overlap and hang half over the sides (2 will go on each long side, 1 on each end, and 2 in the middle).
- Sprinkle the bottom with ½ the shredded cheese.
- Layer over the taco meat, black beans, green chilies, jalapenos, and cilantro evenly over top of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with the remaining half of the cheese.
- Gently fold each tortilla towards the middle and place 1 last one in the middle to cover up the remaining gap. Brush the top with olive oil, and place another baking sheet on top - right side up - helping to hold the tortillas down and bake evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove, cut into squares and serve with your desired toppings.
PRO TIP - by placing another baking sheet on top, this helps not keep the tortillas folded over, put weight on it to help cook together like a quesadilla in a skillet. That along with the olive oil will help brown and crisp up the top!
Different Variations and Add In's for Sheet Pan Quesadillas
The beauty of this recipe is that it is kinda a no recipe recipe!
Get creative and use what you want!
- Sub in ground turkey or chicken for beef with the taco meat
- USe rotisserie or left over chicken
- Add in sauteed peppers and onions
- Use any kind of cheese
- go all cheese and veggie
- or all cheese!
Whatever you like to eat in a quesadilla, taco, or burrito - add it in here and have fun with it!
Since this is a whole sheet pan and is quite large - try going half and half different flavors on the inside. Kinda like getting a pizza with half cheese and half pepperoni - personalize it the way you like!
Do I Grease the Pan for Quesadilla?
No you do not have to.
You most certainly can, or even better, use parchment paper underneath (I have done that several times), but it works just fine without and will help brown the bottom when cooking as well.
Make sure you tag me on Instagram and use the hashtag #fuelingasouthernsoul so I can see all your delicious creations!
More Mexican Inspired Recipes
- Chili Con Carne
- Instant Pot Taco Soup
- How to Make Canned Diced Green Chiles
- Easy Southwestern Chicken Soup
- Frozen Watermelon and Mint Margarita
- Healthy Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Pineapple and Poblano Salsa
- Green Chile & Tomatillo Chicken Roll Ups
- Quick and Easy Garden Fresh Salsa
- Easy Salsa Chicken [Instant Pot or Slow Cooker]
More Appetizer Recipes for a Crowd
- Poblano and Green Chile Guacamole
- 3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip
- Easy Garlic Knots – No Yeast!
- Come to the Table: How to Make a Charcuterie Board