Using the sous vide to cook these maple carrots is the best way! Perfectly tender, with a slight crunch, and a salty-sweet flavor that you will love!
- 1 Pound of Carrots
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Flaked Sea Salt for finishing - optional
- Fill a large pot or pot or container with water and place it in your sous vide (make sure the water level is correct for your sous vide). Turn on and set it to 195 degrees and press start to begin heating.
- Wash and dry your carrots and peel the first layer of skin off with a vegetable peeler. Place inside a gallon zip-top bag or vacuum sealing bag, along with the butter, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Close airtight or vacuum seal.
- Drop in the warmed sous vide water bath and once the water has reached 195 degrees, set a timer for 1 hour.
- Once the hour is up, remove the carrots from the bag. Place on a platter and finished with freshly cracked black pepper and flaked sea salt for topping. Enjoy!
- You can cook the carrots at 195 for at least an hour to be done but up to an additional hour if needed.
- Brown sugar can also be used in place of the maple syrup if needed/desired.
- Want an extra layer of flavor? Once the carrots are finished cooking - place a cast-iron skillet on the stove over medium-high heat and place 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet and let melt. Place the carrots in the skillet and sear for 2 minutes until there is a nice brown caramelized color on the outside/. Searing isn't necessary and the carrots will be ready to eat once the sous vide is finished, but searing is an option for more depth of flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Sous Vide
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 8.4 g
- Sodium: 79.6 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.2 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 15.3 mg
Keywords: Sous Vide Maple Carrots