Vanilla Bean Biscotti is the perfect thing to have with your morning coffee or tea. Light, slightly sweet, and filled with lots of vanilla bean flecks. Totally irresistible!
- 6 Tablespoons Butter - softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste*
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add in the butter and sugars. Using a hand mixer, mix for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in your eggs, vanilla bean paste, and vanilla extract. Mix for 1 minute until well combined.
- Add in your flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix until everything comes together in a thick sticky dough.
- Lightly flour a surface and turn out the dough onto the flour. Roll into a ball until the dough is lightly covered in flour, making it not sticky anymore.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the biscotti dough in the middle. With your hands, begin shaping the dough in an even flat rectangle. You will form the dough into a 10"x 4" rectangle (about 1/2" tall) **
- Once the dough is shaped in an even, flat, large rectangle, place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Take out once the timer has gone off and cool for 5-10 minutes. Turn the oven down to 325 degrees.
- After the dough has cooled slightly, use a serrated knife to carefully cut the biscotti into long pieces. Each biscotti should be about a 1/2" thick. You will get around 15 long pieces. Carefully flip each piece on its side - exposing the inside. The dough will still be soft so be gentle when cutting and flipping over.
- Place back in the oven for 30 minutes. At the 15 minute mark take out and flip each piece over.
- Once they have finished cooking, take them out of the oven and let them cool.
- Enjoy vanilla bean biscotti with a hot cup of coffee or tea by dipping a little bit into the hot liquid for a couple of seconds then eating the part that has been soaked.
- If you do not have or cannot find vanilla bean paste, just use 1 Tablespoon of vanilla. I find that Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Bean Paste is the best! You can find it here on Amazon (*affiliate link). A little goes a long way so this will last you a long time.
- You can also shape the dough into 2 smaller logs to make a smaller biscotti. Divide the dough in half and place each half on a separate baking sheet. Shape into a long flat rectangle log and follow the recipes as directed. This will give you about half the size of biscotti and is a perfectly cute smaller size! Great for gift giving too.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Biscotti
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 Biscotti
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 10.3 g
- Sodium: 90 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.6 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 37 mg
Keywords: Vanilla Bean Biscotti