Vanilla Bean Biscotti is the perfect thing to have with your morning coffee or tea. Light, slightly sweet, and filled with lots of vanilla bean flecks. Totally irresistible!
Y'all, I think biscotti is totally underrated! It doesn't get enough attention and it is one of the most delicious things - if you're a coffee or tea drinker that is.
Vanilla Bean Biscotti is nothing short of amazing. It is filled with loads of vanilla, slightly sweet, and very easy to make. If you have never made your own biscotti now is the time!
What is Biscotti?
It is basically a twice-baked cookie. It originated in Italy and is meant to be enjoyed with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Baking the biscotti twice gives it this very crunchy and hard texture that is not easy to eat on its own. But once you dip it into your favorite morning (or afternoon - hello 3 pm slump) then it softens into this beautiful cookie-like biscuit that isn't over the top sweet but just is absolutely perfect.
You will feel so fancy eating this!
How to Make Vanilla Bean Biscotti
This starts out with a traditional cookie type dough. Instead of scooping into cookie dough balls, you shape the dough into a long flat log.
- Bake the log for 25-30 minutes then we are going to take it out of the oven and slice.
- This is where the biscotti gets its traditional shape. Be careful! the dough will be hot! Cut the log into long ½" slices, then flip on their sides and place back in the oven for another 25-30 minutes for a second bake.
- Take out of the oven and cool completely.
PRO TIP! Always use a serrated knife to cut the once baked dough. Use a "sawing" back and forth motion as you cut. his will help prevent any cracks and crumbles as you cut. The dough is very delicate.
By slicing and flipping on its side, you're exposing the insides and the second bake helps to bake all the way through the middle and essentially "drying it out" to give it that glorious crunchy texture that is crucial for dipping into coffee or tea.
Where to Find Vanilla Bean Paste?
I will not use any other than Nielson Massey Vanilla Bean Paste. I have tried others and it is HANDS DOWN the best one on the market! It is a little pricey, but a little goes a long way. It will transform all of your baking and you won't go back to using anything else! You can find it on Amazon (affiliate link).
You can also just use regular vanilla extract if you need to.
How to Eat Biscotti?
To enjoy vanilla bean biscotti is rather quite simple.
Simply dunk a small portion of it into your coffee, holding it there for 2-5 seconds. The warm liquid will soften the dough. Remove and take a bite out of the part that has been soaked.
Biscotti is quite hard and not recommended to eat by itself (without dunking in coffee), especially if you like your teeth and have spent lots of money on them. ??♀️
How to Store Biscotti
Keep biscotti in an airtight bag or container at room temp for up to 2 weeks.
Vanilla Bean Biscotti makes a perfect gift any time of year! Place in a large mug wrapped with your favorite coffee or English Breakfast Tea and anyone will be happy to receive this! (**all links are affiliate links)
Want more Breakfast Recipes? Look No Further!
- Cranberry and White Chocolate Scones
- Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal
- Soft Pumpkin Scones with a Maple Drizzle
- Grown-Up Cherry Toaster Strudel
- Kitchen Sink Breakfast Casserole
- Roasted Red Pepper and Egg White Sous Vide Bites
- Protein French Toast
- Caramelized Onion & Spinach Quiche
More Cookie Recipes
- No Chill Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Peppermint & Pretzel Cookies
- The Munchies Cookie
- Soft Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Butter Icing
- No Bake Cookies