This Whole Wheat Rosemary No-Kneed Bread will change your life. Say so long to bread making be intimidating and hello to freshly baked bread in a snap every week!
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Teaspoons Salt + pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 1/2 Cups Warm Water
- 1 Packet Yeast
- In a small bowl add the warm water and yeast and let sit while you get everything else together.
- In a large mixing bowl or your stand mixer with dough hook attachment, add in flour, yogurt, chopped rosemary, salt, and honey.
- Start mixing with a wooden spoon or turn mixer on.
- Slowly add water & yeast mixture to the dough. If mixing by hand, mix well until everything is incorporated. It will look lumpy and messy but that is ok, just keep going until all is combined. If using a stand mixture, let mix with dough hook for 5 minutes until it comes together in a large dough ball.
- Line either a deep dish cast iron skillet, dutch oven or any large and deep ovenproof bowl with parchment paper.
- Place the dough inside the lined container, sprinkle sea salt over the top and cover with a towel.
- Let the dough sit, covered for 2-8 hours in a warm dry place. The dough will double in size. I prefer a longer rise but found 2 hours was fine when I was in a pinch and rush...the beauty of this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Once ready to bake, cover with foil and place in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes, uncover and place back in to bake for another 30-40 minutes.
- Bread will be golden brown all over and sound hollow to the tap. (If bread was let to rise for 6-8 hours, it may need 40 minutes for the last bake.)
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from dish and peel the parchment paper off. Enjoy!
- Store in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- This dough can be made the day before. Follow all steps and let rise on the counter for 2 hours. Place in the refrigerator with a towel over it overnight. in the morning, remove from fridge and let sit on the counter while oven heats up. Bake as the recipe instructs.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 75
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 736.9 mg
- Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.3 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.3 mg
Keywords: Whole Wheat Rosemary No-Kneed Bread