Bacon and Cheddar Quiche is a delicious breakfast or brunch recipe that everyone will love! It is easy to make and full of flavor
- 2 Cups Flour
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Lard or Shortening
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 5 Tablespoons Ice Water + more if needed
- 1 Egg
Or a Store-Bought Pie Crust
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese - grated
- 1/2 Pound Bacon
- In a large bowl, add flour, salt, cold butter, and lard.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut butter and lard into the flour until the mixture resembles small pea size shapes. If the butter and lard and gotten too warm in the process, pop into the freezer for 5 minutes to chill before continuing.
- Fill a large glass with water and ice. Using a tablespoon measure, spoon in 5 tablespoons of the ice water into the flour and butter mixture. Using a fork or spatula, mix well. You may need to add in more water if still floury and needed. You want the dough to just begin to come together. Do not add too much water.
- Sprinkle flour out onto the counter and spoon out dough on top. Roll around flour so that all sides are covered and bring together into a ball shape. Split the dough in half making 2 pie dough balls. This recipe makes 2 pie shells.
- Roll out with a rolling pin in a circle until it is larger than your pie plate.
- Gently pick up the crust and place it into the pie plate. Make sure it gets the dough to lay evenly on the edges. Crimp your edges with your fingers, cutting off any excess if needed.
- With the extra pie crust, you can either make 2 quiches or place the extra crust in a pie plate, shape and freeze covered tightly with plastic wrap and a couple of times for up to 3 months.
- BLIND BAKE: Once your pie crust is in the pie plate, place a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper over the top, larger than the actual pie plate. Place pie weights or dried beans over top of the paper and spread evenly over the bottom of the shell, making sure to get all the way to the edges, corners, and sides. Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Once finished, remove and let cool until the quiche mixture is ready. Remove the pie weights once cooled down a bit.
A store-bought pie crust can also be used. Follow the directions above for blinding baking too.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add in a 1/2 pound bacon that you have cut into bits. Cook until crispy for about 10 minutes. Remove and lay on a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- Grate the cheese. It is better to grate your own cheese than use pre-shredded.
- In a large bowl, add 8 eggs and beat with a fork until the yolks are broken.
- Add in the milk, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add in the bacon and cheese. Mix well.
- Pour carefully into the blind-baked pie crust and place into the oven to bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until the middle is set and doesn't jiggle anymore.
- Leftovers can be kept covered in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 347.5 mg
- Fat: 20.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.6 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 12.8 g
- Cholesterol: 231.4 mg
Keywords: Bacon and Cheddar Quiche