Bacon and Cheddar Quiche is a delicious breakfast or brunch recipe that everyone will love! It is easy to make and full of flavor
- 1 Homemade Pie Crust
- Or 1 Store-Bought Pie Crust
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese - grated
- 1/2 Pound Bacon
- Follow the recipe for Homemade Pie Crust
- For a homemade and store-bought crust - BLIND BAKE: Once your pie crust is on the pie plate, place a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper over the top, larger than the actual pie plate. Place pie weights or dried beans over top of the paper and spread evenly over the bottom of the shell, making sure to get all the way to the edges, corners, and sides. Place in the oven at 375 degrees for 15-16 minutes. Once finished, remove and let cool until the quiche mixture is ready. Remove the pie weights once cooled down a bit. Proceed with the recipe.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add a 1/2 pound of bacon that you have cut into bits. Cook until crispy for about 10 minutes. Remove and lay on a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- Grate the cheese. It is better to grate your own cheese than use pre-shredded.
- In a large bowl, add 8 eggs and beat with a fork until the yolks are broken.
- Add in the milk, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add in the bacon and cheese. Mix well.
- Pour carefully into the blind-baked pie crust and place into the oven to bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until the middle is set and doesn't jiggle anymore.
- Leftovers can be kept covered in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 347.5 mg
- Fat: 20.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.6 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 12.8 g
- Cholesterol: 231.4 mg
Keywords: Bacon and Cheddar Quiche