You'll fall in love with these homemade blueberry protein bars made with Kodiak Cakes mix. These bars are the perfect protein-packed snack on the go!
Guys, I am so excited about this recipe! It has been a long time coming and many recipe tests to get it just right. We have fallen in love with these homemade blueberry protein bars made with Kodiak Cakes over at our house and we can't get enough!
Ingredients Needed to Make Blueberry Protein Bars
I used some of my favorite ingredients to not only add flavor but to bump up the protein and make them taste amazing! These are light and fluffy and are the furthest thing from a processed cardboard-tasting store-bought bar! I didn't want any refined flours or sugars either, so here is what I came up with:
- Kodiak Cakes Protein Power Cakes Pancake Mix
- Oat flour
- Coconut oil
- Egg whites
- Silk Protein Nut Milk
- Maple syrup
- Non-fat Plain Greek yogurt
- Collagen Peptides (the same one I used in my Post-Run Smoothie)
Please see recipe below for all subsitiutions that can be made
How to Make Blueberry Protein Bars Made with Kodiak Cakes Power Pancake Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor add in ½ cup of oatmeal and pulse until it is a finely ground flour.
- In a large bowl add in 1 ½ cups of Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix. To the bowl add all other remaining ingredients except the blueberries.
- Mix until everything is combined and incorporated. Add a splash more milk if needed to thin out due to adding collagen peptides (may not be needed).
- Add fresh or frozen blueberries and mix just until eventually distributed throughout the mixture.
- Line a 9 x 13 jelly roll pan ** with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Spread mixture into the pan, making sure to spread evenly out into the corners.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the middle is set. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Remove from pan and cut into 18 - 1x2'' rectangle pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Do I Have to Use Collagen Peptides in These Bars or Can I Use Other Protein Powders?
Another protein powder can definitely be used.
There is lots of wiggle room here. I love using collagen peptide protein because it is flavorless and mixes well. So that doesn't change the taste or texture of these protein bars.
You could add your favorite protein powder to this mix too but note that it will change the flavor of the bars slightly (depending on what flavor protein you use). A vanilla protein powder would be lovely in this recipe! You may also need to add a splash more milk because a regular protein powder will make the mixture slightly thicker and it may need to be thinned out.
I have never tried another protein powder, so if you do, let me know how it works!
Frequently Asked Questions
Because they have fruit in them you will want to keep them in the fridge. Just store in an airtight container or bag in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
You can freeze these as well. Once the bars are cooled, store in a freezer-safe bag and remove all the air. Freeze for up to 6 months. Once ready to eat, store in the fridge for 24 hours to left thaw and enjoy!
Works the same. If you can't find fresh blueberries, or they don't look very good - thank you winter, then just pop in a cup of frozen blueberries to the mix.
I am sure you could, although I have never tried it before.
Just sub out equal parts of another mix, but note that it may/will change the taste and texture and the nutritional content.
I prefer using Kodiak Cakes because of the added protein and that it is made with real ingredients and whole grains.
For sure! Some fun fruit flavors would be raspberry, blackberry, or a berry combo!
Or you could even go with mashed banana and add in a cup of nuts for a banana nut twist!
How about chopped apples in the fall for a cinnamon apple sorta thing?! YES PLEASE!
And don't forget about flax seeds and chia seeds. They don't add flavor but boost the nutritional content and TON!
These Blueberry Protein Bars made with Kodiak Cakes are a "basically dump everything into a bowl" kinda recipe and I am not mad about it!
So easy, inexpensive compared to premade protein bars, so goodbye bye store-bought bars! Justin even said they were pillow soft fluffy goodness bars....hello people - Fueling a Southern Soul's official taste tester approves so we are in business 🙂Print
I am serious, you have to have this Collagen Protein! It is flavorless & tasteless and can be added to anything - hot or cold. I have gotten this one off Amazon and have zero complaints! (or just click the picture 🙂 )