3 ingredients are all your need for this pizza dough. Homemade pizza dough made without yeast and using Greek yogurt instead is the secret ingredient in this crust. It will have you floored the moment you eat it! Easy to make, simple to do, and the taste is out of this world!
Listen, we love homemade pizza night around here! It is something we do often and is one of our go-to Friday date night in meals. My friend told me about how she used greek yogurt to make pizza dough a while back, and I didn't believe her until I tried it. You are going to be floored at this 3 ingredient pizza dough recipe!
3 ingredients. That is it.
- Greek Yogurt
Nothing more, nothing less. It sounds a little too good to be true but I promise you it is not.
Check out the full WEBSTORY here!
How Do I Make 3 Ingredient Pizza Dough?
- In a large bowl add equal parts flour and greek yogurt (EX: 1 cup flour and 1 cup of non-fat plain greek yogurt). Add in 1 teaspoon of salt.
- With a wooden spoon or spatula, stir to start combining.
- Once the mixture had almost come together, pour out onto a floured countertop.
- Using your hands, knead the dough for 1-2 minutes until the dough is fully combined and has formed a ball. Add more flour on the counter if needed. This is a wetter dough and will need lots of flour so as not to stick to the surface.
- Form into a round ball and cut into equal halves.
- Sprinkle more flour out onto the counter and begin to roll out one of the balls into a rectangle shape (about 6"x12").
- Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place it in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, take out, top as desired, then place back in the oven for another 10-13 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bottom and edges are slightly golden brown.
That is it! 3 ingredients. 1 bowl. 1 amazing homemade pizza dough recipe!
How Long Do I Need to Knead?
This recipe doesn't require the kneading normally required for a traditional pizza dough made with yeast.
Once the dough has been poured out onto a floured countertop, knead for 1-2 minutes until the dough has come all together and formed a ball.
This is a more "wet" dough than a traditional yeast recipe, so lots of flour on the counter will be needed to make sure it doesn't stick to the surface and the dough itself is no longer sticky.
What Toppings Can I Use When I Make This 3 Ingredient Dough?
That is the beauty of homemade pizza! Make any kind you want. Once you have prepared the dough, top with pizza sauce and top with anything your heart desires!
We are pretty simple and usually, just do 1 cheese and one pepperoni and banana peppers.
But you could do:
- any pineapple on pizza fans out there?!
- white pizza (no red sauce and all the cheese)
- literally anything you love on a pizza - the options are limitless!
Frequently Asked Questions
I usually just use white flour (because that is what we have on hand).
But I am sure a whole wheat flour would be lovely or subbing in a 1-1 gluten-free flour would work for if you're wanting it to be gluten-free.
NOTE - I haven't tried anything but white all-purpose flour so if you do please let me know how it turns out!
Nonfat plain Greek yogurt OR plain greek yogurt (with some fat content) is the yogurt that is needed for this specific recipe.
Avoid vanilla or flavored yogurts - and it being greek yogurt specifically is necessary.
To freeze the pizza dough, follow the directions all the way up until baking.
You will bake the pizza crust for 20 minutes instead of 10. This will bake the crust almost all the way. Remove from the oven and let cool. Once cooled, wrap the baked pizza crust tightly in plastic wrap 3 times, ensuring no air can get to the crust. Place back on a baking tray and place it in the freezer (putting it on a tray will help keep it flat and not bending or breaking while frozen).
Freeze for 3-4 months.
When ready to use, unwrap, top how desired, and place into a 400-degree oven for about 5 minutes - or until the toppings are cooked, cheese is melted and crust is warmed through.
You can absolutely double, triple, or even four times 3 ingredient pizza dough! The ratio is 1:1:1. Meaning equal parts flour, yogurt, and salt.
So you could make it with 1 cup flour 1 cup greek yogurt 1 teaspoon salt. OR 5 cups flour 5 cups greek yogurt 5 teaspoons salt. SO on and so forth. It is very easily scalable!
Store any leftover pizza like you would any other leftover pizza. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for 2-3 days. And might I add, cold leftover pizza is the best!
There is no yeast required in this easy pizza dough recipe. This takes a lot of the TIME and WORK out of making homemade dough for pizza. Plus using greek yogurt as the year replacements give the dough such a yummy and chewy texture AND increase the protein content!
This 3 ingredient pizza dough made with yogurt is the perfect recipe for
- a date night in
- homemade pizza dinner party - have the dough's prebaked and let everyone top with their favorite ingrediensts. Of courses served with wien!
- or for a quick weeknight dinner
More Pizza Recipes
- Red White and Blue Fruit Pizza
- Ricotta Fig and Prosciutto Pizza
- Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
- The Perfect Pizza Sauce
More Recipes Made with 3 Ingredient Pizza DoughPrint
Love easy recipes? You will love these recipes then!
- Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Easy Chicken and Spinach Skillet Pasta
- Easy Pantry Meals You Can Make While At Home This Month
- Quick & Easy King Cake
- Easy Southwestern Chicken Soup
- Quick and Easy Garden Fresh Salsa
- Easy Israeli Couscous with Parmesan