Chili con carne is easy to make and incredibly delicious! Full of beef, beans, and the chili flavor you know and love!
It is chili season! Once the temps drop to where you can feel the nip in the air making you reach for that quarter zip on the way to the gym in the morning, it makes me want a big bowl of chili immediately.
While everyone knows I am still mourning the end of summer ( ? ), I will admit that I do love a big bowl of cozy soup during the cooler months. There is truly nothing cozier than a hearty bowl of chili con carne piled high with melty cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and all the hot buttered cornbread your heart can handle!
Soup season - it's on!
Ingredients Needed for Chili Con Carne
- Ground Chuck
- Canned Tomatoes
- Chili Powder
- Hot Chili Bean
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- green onions
- cornbread or crackers
All the normal chili toppings are highly recommended! Anything and everything that you would love to eat with chili is perfect.
How Do You Make Chili Con Carne From Scratch?
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil on medium heat. Finely dice your onion, and add to the pot along with the ground chuck.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the ground beef is cooked all the way through. Drain any fat is desired.
- Add the canned tomatoes, seasonings, and beans to the pot.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook slowly for 1 to 1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally.
- Once finished, serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, sliced jalapenos, cracker, cornbread, or any of your favorite chili toppings!
What is the Difference Between Chili and Chili Con Carne?
They are both pretty much the same thing. Made of the same basic ingredients - tomatoes, ground beef, beans, and spices. Some say chili con carne can be a tad bit "sweeter" than chili but honestly they are both the same thing but a shortener ( or longer) name.
More Soup and Chili Recipes You Will Love!
- White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Easy Southwestern Chicken Soup
- Rustic Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage and Kale
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Chili
- Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread
- Honey Butter