Easy Salsa Chicken is just that! EASY! Make this is your Instant Pot or Slow Cooker and have delicious chicken to have on hand for tacos, burritos, salads, and so much more!
Listen, let's just be honest for 2 seconds. As much as we all love to cook and be in the kitchen....can I get an amen for EASY meals?!
SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!
Easy. Simple. No fuss. You get the picture.
Easy Salsa Chicken is just that. And it has everything in the name. 2 ingredients.
and it is easy. Need I say more? Nope. Lets get to it!
How to Make Easy Salsa Chicken in Your Instant Pot
- To your instant pot add in 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast and 24 ounces of salsa. Stir to make sure everything is covered and add the lid on.
- Set to a manual pressure cook time of 10 minutes.
**NOTE: it will take 10-15 minutes to come to pressure before the actual cooking begins.**
3. Once the time is up, manually release the steam valve. Shred the chicken with 2 forks (or in the kitchen aide). If you shred the chicken inside the instant pot be careful because it will be hot. You can also remove the chicken, shred in a bowl and add back to the juices if you would like.
How to Make Easy Salsa Chicken in Your Slow Cooker
- Place the chicken and salsa inside the slow cooker. Stir to make sure everything is mixed. Place the lid on.
- Cook for 3-4 hours on the LOW setting or 1-2 hours on HIGH.
- Once the cooking time is up, shred the chicken with 2 forks.
What Kind of Salsa Can You Use?
I have used just mild regular restaurant style salsa, but any jarred salsa that you have or like will work.
I can't wait to try this with some salsa verde and use it in Green Chile & Tomatillo Chicken Roll Ups!
What Can I Use Salsa Chicken For & What Can I Make with It?
- Burritos bowls
Think of it like a flavored rotisserie chicken. It can be used for so many things. And also makes for a great snack just out of the bowl. Not that I have done that or anything.... ?
Can I Use Frozen Chicken?
Absolutely! I will say this works best if your chicken is frozen individually and not in a big block. I have put 2 pounds of chicken in a bag and vacuumed sealed it - so it was kind was all frozen together when I put in the Instant Pot and it took 50 minutes. So just know, for the Instant Pot, if it is a big block it will take longer (depending on how big it is). But if you have individually frozen chicken breasts, follow the times below.
For the Instant Pot - pressure cook for 15 minutes.
For a slow cooker - low for 6 hours and until the internal temp is 165 degrees F.
Could I Use Chicken Thighs Instead of Chicken Breast?
Chicken thighs will work great with this recipe too. A boneless and skinless option is best and follow the same cooking times as you would for chicken breast.
Want More Chicken Recipes?! Who Doesn't? Make Sure to Check These Out Too!
- Easy Chicken and Spinach Skillet Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Healthy Chicken Bites with Honey Buffalo Dipping Sauce
- Easy Southwestern Chicken Soup
- BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad with Herb Yogurt Dressing
- Green Chile & Tomatillo Chicken Roll Ups
- Come to the Table: Parmesan Chicken
- White Chicken Chili