I am showing you all how I use my vacuum sealer to fully stock my freezer! From meats to cheese, baked goods, and more!
Here is the deal. My husband and I have been shopping at Costco and in bulk since we were very first married. Actually even before that. When we were dating we would go grocery shopping together, buy in bulk, and then split it between the two of us.
Buying in bulk or stocking up when items are on sale is something I have always done to save money and make meal planning easier.
But buying in bulk means that it won't all get eaten at once - obviously - and needs to be stored in the freezer until we need it.
We have a deep freeze in our garage is that stocked with all kinds of stuff at all times. Even just for the 2 of us it always always been so helpful and useful! Especially when it comes to planning out our meals for the week. I just keep a running list of what we are stocked in and plan around that!
How I Use Our Vacuum Sealer
Outside of using my vacuum sealer for sous vide cooking, it gets used 75% of the time for storing items in the freezer.
No matter how many times I wrapped things in plastic wrap, freezer-safe zip-top bags, etc. the freezer burn is real! Which honestly is so frustrating.
Each of them comes with different sized bags and rolls making it efficient and easy to store whatever it is you need.
How Long Can You Store Vacuum Sealed Food in the Freezer?
When you vacuum seal an item it can last 3-5 times longer in the freezer than if you didn’t! Like I am talking you can have frozen chicken in your deep freeze for 2 years and it be totally fine!
The problem with freezing things and preventing freezer burn is keeping air from getting to the food in any way. No matter how hard you try, we can’t get anything completely sealed off from any air touching the food just by ourselves. But with Vesta Precision Chamber Vacuum System or Vac ‘n Seal Elite, there is no question those items will be airtight!
What Foods Can You Use Your Vacuum Sealer to Stock Your Freezer?
Here is a list of just some of the things we keep in our freezer on a regular basis.
- All can be marinated ready to cook or not
- Perfect for throwing in stir fry, soups, or just not having to chop veggies for a recipe every time!
- Nuts & Seeds
- The oils in nuts can go bad. Buy keeping them in the freezer you are ensuring a longer fresh life span.
- Not all cheese freeze the same. Hard or semi-hard cheeses like cheddar and mozzarella tend to do better than softer ones.
- Baked Goods
- Cookies - baked and cookie dough
- Cake layers or decorated cake slices
- Hello, dessert on hand all the time! We always have a stash of homemade cookie dough balls in our freezer.
- Citrus juice - frozen in ice cubes or not
- Chicken stock
- Pizza dough - baked or not
- Leftover breakfast items - pancakes, waffles, biscuits, etc.
- Soups & Chili
- Coffee Beans
And this isn’t everything! The options are limitless for how you can stock your freezer. Even if it’s just you and your spouse or a big family with lots of hungry kiddos, using a vacuum sealer for stocking your freezer will be a game-changer for you!
You can use code "SOUTHERNSOUL" for 10% off all your Vesta Precision orders!
Recipes You Can Use a Vacuum Sealer For!
- Sous Vide Steak Gyros
- Roasted Red Pepper and Egg White Sous Vide Bites
- Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin
- Sous Vide Flank Steak Salad with Herbed Vinaigrette Dressing
- How to Make Shrimp Cocktail in a Sous Vide
- Sous Vide Whole Chicken