You won't be able to resist this Spicy Sausage Bowtie Pasta! Every bite is bursting with flavor and it will have your taste buds dancing!
Friends.....when would you ever turn down a pasta recipe? I mean truly. The answer is never and if you're coming up with excuses just stop because you know deep down all you would want to do is jump headfirst into a big bowl of carbs covered in sauce. Spicy sausage bowtie pasta is going to be your friend. 🙂
Good thing I have the perfect cure for your craving! Spicy Sausage Bowtie Pasta is a flavor explosion in your mouth and you quite possibly may have self-control issues when it comes to this dish.
Spicy sausage, asparagus, juicy tomatoes, pasta, spinach, a light sauce all melted together with parmesan cheese and topped with fresh basil.
Yep. Sign me up!
Ingredients Needed for Spicy Sausage Bowtie Pasta
- Italian Sausage
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Garlic Cloves
- Parmesan Cheese
- Half & Half or Cream
- Fresh Basil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
How to Make Spicy Sausage Bowtie Pasta
This is a one-pot meal! AKA no clean up. Bless!
You will need an extra-large skillet because this recipe feeds a crowd. Prep all your veggies while the sausage is browning so you are ready to go when it is finished.
- Place a pot of heavily salted water on the stove and bring to a boil. Add in pasta and cook for 5-7 minutes or until just under al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water for later.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, add in sausage and cook until browned, making sure to break into bite-size pieces.
- Remove the sausage and place on a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- In the same skillet add the butter & olive oil and onion and saute for 5 minutes until it starts to get tender. Then add in the minced garlic cloves and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes that have been halved and quartered and turn the heat to medium. Let cook for about 7-10 minutes until the tomatoes soften and begin to burst. Chop the asparagus into quarters and add to the skillet - cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in 1 cup of pasta water and 2 tablespoons of half and half or cream. Stir together then add in cooked pasta and sausage. Toss together so everything is coated with the tomato sauce.
- Add the spinach then top with a lid to let wilt for 2-3 minutes. Once wilted, stir everything together and add the parmesan cheese. Add more cream or pasta water if more liquid is needed and cover to let cook for just a couple more minutes.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Remove from heat and top with fresh basil and more parmesan if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This is tossed together with a light and simple tomato sauce that comes together with reserved pasta water and a splash of cream. The cream adds just a touch of richness without loading the whole dish up in a heavy cream-based sauce.
Make this for your next dinner party served with a huge side salad and your guests will be begging for more. It also makes great leftovers and can be enjoyed for up to 3-4 days (I would suggest eating the leftovers with a fork straight out of the container cold while standing at the kitchen counter...just a thought 😉 ).
More Delicious Weeknight Meals You Will Love!
- Easy Chicken and Spinach Skillet Pasta
- Chili Con Carne
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Easy Southwestern Chicken Soup
- Peach and Tomato Caprese Salad with Crispy Prosciutto
- Greek Salad with Roasted Chicken
- Hot Bacon & Mustard Spinach Salad
- Bottom of the Jar Chicken