Come to the Table: Parmesan Chicken
I feel like I say this every week, but I love this recipe! It is a special one and near and dear to my heart. Parmesan Chicken is one of my most favorite meals from growing up that my mom would make and I am excited to be sharing it with you today.
One of my favorite memories from growing up is we always had dinner around the table as a family every day. At the time I didn't think much of it. It was normal and just what we did. Mom would make dinner and we would all eat together. Now I didn't get a cell phone until I was a sophomore in high school and my brother and I shared it (the whole you can have it Mon-Wed-Frid and I will have it Tue-Thur and we will switch next week kinda thing....we both didn't like it but made it work for a bit haha), so we didn't have the digital distractions I feel are present today. However, there is and will always be something distracting us. I am thankful my parents made that a priory now and cherish what I learned about living life around the table with people you love from an early age.
Just like everyone else we had the handful of weekly rotation meals. Parmesan Chicken was always a favorite. It instantly brings me back when I put a bite in my mouth. This recipe is so simple and easy but the flavor pay off will blow your mind.
Only a couple of staple ingredients are needed:
It is as simple as brushing a little melted butter on the chicken then dipping into a breadcrumb mixture. Repeat until all tenders are coated nicely in all of that goodness and place in the oven to bake. What comes out is tender chicken loaded with simple flavors that will have you coming back for seconds and thirds.
This is a perfect weeknight meal for a family, just 2 people or to make for a dinner party because everyone will love it. They make great leftovers and I love slicing them up the next day and tossing on a salad. It is one of those no-recipe recipes, which are my FAV! A little breadcrumb, a little parm, salt, pepper, garlic powder.....eyeball it all and it will turn out just fine.
I am always looking for new easy meals to add to the "what do you want for dinner this week" rotation.
Makes for great leftovers. Check
Doesn't require 1 million ingredients. Check
OK, I am sold 🙂 And I know you will be too. What are some of your favorite meals growing up? Food is my favorite thing to talk about (obviously) and I love knowing what people grew up on.Print
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
Parmesan Chicken is the perfect easy and delicious weeknight meal or a dinner party. Using just a few ingredients, this flavorful dish will be a family favorite.
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- ½ Cups Grated Parmesan - freshly grated
- ¾ Teaspoons Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- ½ Cup Butter - melted
- 2-3 pounds Chicken - boneless skinless breast or tenderloins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- You will need 2 shallow pie dishes and a baking dish for the chicken. In one of the dishes melt 1 stick of butter. In the other combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parmesan- mix until combined.
- Dip the chicken into the melted butter until coated then immediately dip into breadcrumb and parmesan mixture.
- Once coated then lay side by side in a baking dish. Repeat until all the chicken is coated.
- If there is remaining breadcrumb mixture left over, sprinkle on top of the chicken.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-60 minutes - depending on how big and thick your chicken is. Check at 30 minutes to see if the internal temperature is 165.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
- You may not need all of the butter depending on how large and how much chicken you have.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 chicken
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 571.7 mg
- Fat: 20.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.4 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 22.1 g
- Cholesterol: 100.6 mg
Keywords: Parmesan Chicken