This the ultimate easy summer dip and appetizer. Minimal ingredients, full of flavor and completely addicting. You will not be able to get enough of this Cowboy Caviar Dip Recipe!
Calling all chip and dip lovers out there! I see you, I know you. I am one of you. You're the type of person where if someone places an endless bowl of any sort of dip and irresistible salty chips next to it you literally won't be able to stop.
Self-control? What is that - you have none and I feel you. Well, put on your stretchy pants because Cowboy Caviar Dip Recipe is exactly that kinda dip. Bless!
You know those times when you get invited over to someone’s house for dinner and need to bring something but don’t want to put much effort into it (again because LIFE and you’re tired)?
Yep, make Cowboy Caviar.
Or flip that, you have a bunch of people coming over for a cookout and need an appetizer that feeds a small army.
Cowboy Caviar has your back (just go ahead and double it while you’re at it – it takes no extra time and will 100% be needed).
Or it’s a Friday and you need dinner.
You know it, make Cowboy Caviar with a side of a bag of chips (laugh all you want but we all have been guilty of eating chips and dip and legitimately calling it dinner on a Friday at some point in our lives #noshame).
What is Cowboy Caviar Made Of?
- 1 Can Black Beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 Can White Corn (drained & rinsed)
- 6 Roma Tomatoes (diced)
- 2 Avocados (diced)
- 1 Red Onion (diced)
- ½ Bunch Cilantro (finely minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder to taste
How to Make Cowboy Caviar
- Drain and rinse the black beans and corn thoroughly. Add to a large bowl.
- Dice tomatoes, red onion, and avocado so that they are all relatively the same size. Add to black beans and corn.
- Finely mince cilantro and add to bowl.
- Add balsamic, olive oil, and lime juice. Toss to combined. Add spices to taste (about ½ - 1 teaspoon of each).
- Serve this right away or cover and place in fridge until needed.
HEATHER'S PRO TIP - tortilla edition - Now the final step is to serve with fantastic tortilla chips. Not all chips are created equal and I am pretty picky. I will make a special trip just to get my favorite bag and oh my gosh they are addicting! This is my chip requirement: thin, crispy, salty, and not greasy. I kid you not, Walmarts Chili & Garlic chips are life-changing. Go get a bag and see for yourself, you won’t be disappointed!
How Long Does Cowboy Caviar Last in the Fridge?
You can keep this sip in the fridge for 2 days. After a day the avocados will start browning - but if you don't mind the flavor is fine.
If we have a lot of leftovers, we love to put this on a salad! It has all the toppings we love on a salad, plus a dressing, so it makes it perfect to transform the recipe and use up the leftovers!
This Cowboy Caviar Dip Recipe is basically 6 ingredients dumped into a large bowl and tossed together with some seasonings. Most things you will always have on hand so no extra grocery trips required (even better!)
You will be making this for years to come just like I have because it is that good and that easy! You will have the recipe memorized by heart by the end of the summer. Cowboy Caviar, you are a winner!.
More Dip Recipe You Will Love
- Come to the Table: How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- The Best Holiday Spicy Cranberry Dip
- Tomato & Bacon Cream Cheese Dip
- Healthy Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Pineapple and Poblano Salsa
- Berry and Mint Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Chips
- Quick and Easy Garden Fresh Salsa
- Poblano and Green Chile Guacamole