Garlic Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
GUYS!! THESE GARLIC ROSEMARY SMASHED POTATOES ARE EVERYTHING! I have been counting down the weeks till I could share it with you all. Prepare for these Garlic-Rosemary Smashed Potatoes to be a game changer for you!
I am pretty much a fan of potatoes in any form (except for fries....I know I know, I am kinda picky when it comes to fries and they are low on the potato list :/). Baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, oven roasted, twice baked, mashed, sweet potato casserole .......all of them! Now smashed potatoes are #1 on my list.
The flavor combination for these little bundles of delicious goodness is out of this world! Start by picking out red, yellow or a tri-color blend baby potatoes (found these at Kroger....wasnt a fan of the purple ones if I am being honest) and boil them in a large pot of salted water for 20-30 minutes or until fork tender. Drain them and then place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Use a flat spatula, large bottom cup, fork, basically, anything with a sturdy larger surface--place overtop of potatoes and smash down. Easy peasy! Continue until all the potatoes are smashed. Drizzle with a little olive oil (or if you're filling a little extra, white truffle oil!) and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Now the kicker to this recipe is the garlic rosemary butter spread; and that all begins with a beautifully roasted bulb of garlic. Take a whole bulb and slice the top ¼ off so that all the cloves are exposed. Place on baking sheet with potatoes and place in oven for 30-40 minutes. It will come out beautifully golden brown and all the incredible garlicky aromas will fill your kitchen.
While those are roasting, melt a ½ stick of butter in a small bowl and add in the rosemary and a dash of salt. Once the potatoes are finished let cool for about 5 minutes. Using a kitchen towel, hold the bulb of garlic from the bottom and squeeze out all the cloves into the butter mixture. Using a fork, mash all the cloves up and stir generously into the butter. Use a pastry brush and brush each potato with that garlic butter goodness (cloves and all!) and place back into the oven to crisp up a bit more (5 minutes or so--until your liking).
Let cool and serve immediately! You will be obsessed. You will make them once a week like me. You will crave them. You are welcome! 🙂
It is the perfect side dish for weeknight meals but perfect for a dinner party as well. Easy, simple, not much required and the payoff is out of this world! You will be picking up a bag of baby potatoes everytime you are at the grocery because the crispy garlic goodness will have you licking your lips with anticipation!
Let me know what your favorite potato recipes are below!Print
Garlic Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 24 potatoes 1x
These Garlic Rosemary Smashed Potatoes are stealing the show and changing lives everywhere! You won't be able to stop eating this herby, buttery, garlic, crispy potato goodness!
- 24 Ounces (or 1+ pounds) Baby Potatoes (red or yellow)
- 1 Whole Bulb of Garlic
- ½ Stick Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Salt + pinch
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- White Truffle Oil (*optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Fill a large part with water and add 2-3 teaspoons of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add in potatoes and cook for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes. Place on a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
- With a large spatula or cup, place over each potato and smash down until potatoes are smashed until desired thickness.
- Cut the top ¼ of a bulb of garlic off so that all the cloves are showing. Place on a cooking sheet with potatoes.
- Drizzle with EVOO or Truffle Oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, or until desired crispiness is achieved.
- While cooking, melt butter in a bowl and add in chopped rosemary and a pinch of salt.
- When potatoes are finished, take out and let cool for 5 minutes. Using a towel, take the bulb of garlic and squeeze out the roasted cloves into the butter mixture.
- Using a fork, mash and mix the cloves in the mixture and then spread over potatoes using a pastry brush.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Side/Veggie
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 Potatoes
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 619.5 mg
- Fat: 11.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.7 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 30.4 mg
Keywords: Garlic Rosemary Smashed Potatoes