This whole food appetizer is the perfect combination of salty and sweet and completely addicting. Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon will be the highlight of your dinner party and highly requested from now on!
Louisville has an amazing food scene!
So many good restaurants, so many favorites, so many good eats. I get really excited about the food here (DUH). Well, today I bring you another Louisville restaurant favorite that we love.....Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon!
These little bite-size creations are mind-blowingly delicious!
We first had them at a Tapa's place in town. The plump dates are stuffed to the brim with soft goat cheese and held together with all the love a piece of bacon can offer.
One serving just isn't enough.
They will stick with you, you will crave them, you will rave about them and then you will be a goat cheese stuffed date crazed nut like me!
Ingredients Needed for Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon
These dates could not be more simple to make. All you need is:
- 1 package of fresh dates ( I love the Trader Joe's kind!)
- 8 ounces goat cheese (regular or herbed if you want to be extra ;))
- 1 pound of bacon
Just 3 simple ingredients.
How to Make Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees,
- With a small knife, carefully slice each date lengthwise and remove the pit inside. Peel open to making a pocket within the date.
- Slice the entire package of bacon in half (making 2 pieces out of 1).
- Using a butter knife or small spoon, scoop out a small amount of goat cheese and stuff it inside the prepared date. Place enough goat cheese inside that it is entirely filled. Pinch to close slightly.
- Take ½ piece of bacon and wrap around the stuffed date.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack inside. Set the wrapped dates on top.
- Once all are stuffed and wrapped place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is cooked to desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
Serve the dates immediately! They are best enjoyed warm and fresh, but also can be eaten at room temp.
If you're feeling a little extra, drizzle the tops of the dates with honey and flaked Maldon sea salt! Just topping off that salty-sweet goodness!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes you can!
Make the dates all the way up until baking up until 2 days un advance. Store in an airtight container. Bake as directed.
Stuffed dates are best enjoyed warm and fresh.
If you have leftovers, store in an airtight container for 2 days in the fridge. Rewarm in the microwave for 10 seconds until warmed or in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes until warmed through.
This is a perfect bite-sized appetizer to bring or serve at any party or event! You will be OBSESSED just like me! Trust me - these are a must make! Everyone will be going back for seconds.....and thirds!
More Appetizer Recipes You Will Love!
- Pineapple and Poblano Salsa
- Everything Bagel Bites Stuffed with Cream Cheese
- Scallion Pancakes
- Healthy Ranch Dip
- Cheesy Breadsticks made from 3 Ingredient Pizza Dough
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip