You can't eat just one of Jalapeno Cheddar Drop Biscuits! With just a couple of ingredients, you will have tender drop biscuits in 20 minutes!
Bless the lord!
If you have ever had a Red Lobster cheddar biscuit then goodness gracious you know what you are about to be in for!
Melt in your mouth cheesy garlicy buttery sinful goodness. And there is no way you can eat just one. It is truly impossible!
With just 8 simple ingredients and 20 minutes total, you will have yourself a biscuit that is worthy enough to have its own national holiday.
What Does Drop Biscuits Mean?
Drop biscuit means easy!
Instead of making a scratch dough, careful rolling and cutting out being sure not to overwork - you use 1 bowl and a cookie scoop.
So there is no rolling and cutting out. Mix everything today in 1 bowl, without the fear of overworking a delicate and tender dough, and then scoop out with a cookie scoop - hence the name "drop biscuits". They come out in perfect irregular shapes and it can be a way easier (and faster) way to make biscuits.
Ingredients for Jalapeno Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- Bisquick Baking Mix -I know. I am usually all for making everything from scratch, but today we are going the simple and easy route and using Bisquick.
- Shredded Cheese - just good ole pre-shredded cheddar cheese is all you need!
- Jalapenos - deseed and finally dice these You want tiny tiny pieces of spicy goodness throughout each bite.
- Hot Water - this will help bring the dough together
- Butter - honestly, what makes this recipe is the garlic butter. Wow oh wow! I could drink it with a straw it's so good!
- Garlic - just warning you, you will have major garlic breath after eating these!
- Fresh Parsley - to brighten up these biscuits.
- Salt - just a teeny pinch of salt to round out all the flavor. Not too much - just about ⅛ of a teaspoon is all you need.
How to Make Jalapeno Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the Bisquick mix, shredded cheese, and finely diced jalapenos. Mix with a fork.
- Add in the hot water and stir to combine. The dough will be sticky and thick.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out onto a cast skillet or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. The biscuits can be close together.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the biscuits are baking, place the butter, garlic parsley, and a tiny pinch of salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the butter is melted and garlic is fragrant.
- Once the biscuits are finished, remove them from the oven and generously brush the garlic butter on top. Serve immediately while hot.
How to Make Jalapeno Cheddar Drop Biscuits Ahead of Time and Freeze
You know I love to prep anything and everything i can ahead, and this recipe is perfect for making ahead!
Jalapeno cheddar biscuits are best enjoyed hot and fresh, so to make them ahead of time, you just need to freeze the dough.
How to Freeze
Make the dough and scoop it out onto a baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes until frozen. Then place in a freezer-safe bag or vacuum seal. Store in the freezer for 3-6 months (or up to a year if vacuum-sealed).
To bake, place in a 400-degree oven for 11-3 minutes until cooked all the way through and the bottoms are lightly golden brown. Brush with garlic butter and enjoy.
In my option, these leftovers aren't as good. So if you do have any, pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds to warm back up and enjoy!
More Bread Recipe You Will Love
- 1 Hour Wheat Dinner Rolls
- 3 Ingredient Pizza Dough
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Easy Garlic Knots – No Yeast!
- Easy Homemade Monkey Bread