Peach, Prosciutto, and Burrata Summer Flatbread is a new summer favorite! Fresh, flavorful, and totally satisfying!
Coming at you hot with another pizza recipe but this Peach, Prosciutto and Burrata Summer Flatbread has a sophisticated upgrade! You won't be able to get enough of this and it is so easy to make!
This flatbread comes together in no time and has so many flavors of the summer. If you have never had a fruit and cheese combo with prosciutto then you are seriously missing out! This is basically a charcuterie board flatbread style and there pretty much isn't anything better.
- Balsamic Glaze
- Pinch of Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
How to Make Peach Prosciutto Burrata Flatbread
Once you have made your flatbread crust all that is left to do is layer the toppings.
The topping amounts are relative in my opinion. Put as much or as little as you want on top, that's the beauty of making your own!
- On the cooked flatbread crust, spread out pesto evenly across the crust spreading it to the edges (use as much or as little as you would like -- the ingredient list is just a suggestion).
- Slice the ripe peach into think slices and arrange across the top of the flatbread.
- Sprinkle a good handful of arugula on top.
- Sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper, a little sea salt, and a drizzle of Balsamic Glaze.
- Finish off with the burrata. Take the large burrata ball and tear into small chunks laying them on top of the flatbread toppings.
How to Make Homemade Pizza Dough
I am using the same homemade pizza dough recipe that I used in my cast iron pizza recipe here. This recipe makes 4 personal pan size pizzas. You can either make 4 small flatbreads or just 2 larger ones to share.
That flatbread recipe is very simple - but is you want an even easier recipe, then you can use my 3 Ingredient Pizza Crust recipe that is DIVINE! It doesn't get as crispy as the other homemade pizza dough recipe, but it was this incredible chewy texture that you will love. And you can hold it like a regular pizza still too so it's just another great option!
Either one will work just fine!
Different Variations of Flatbread
You can be creative with this recipe just like if you were making your own homemade pizza!
- Try adding summer garden fresh tomatoes to this (inspired by this Caprese salad ?)
- Cheese and Banana peppers with fresh basil and cracked black pepper
- Pineapple, traditional red pizza sauce, mozzarella, and Proscuitto
- and of course, there is always meat overs!
Have fun with your creations! Get your kids, family, or friends in the kitchen with you to help you make this. Let everyone help roll out the dough and top with their own toppings. This would make for an excellent dinner party menu!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes you can!
Flatbread and pizza dough ae so easy to make ahead and freeze. Making it perfect to have homemade pizza on hand anytime the craving hits!
To Freeze Your Homemade Flatbread Dough:
Go ahead and roll out and bake the pizza crust as instructed.
Let it cool completely then tightly wrap with plastic wrap a couple of times.
Store them flat in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to use them just go ahead and pull them out, top with whatever you were planning on, and then bake for around 5-10 minutes or until your cheese is melty and toppings are hot (unless you're making this flatbread which doesn't cook again. So let it come to room temp and just pop in the oven for a couple of minutes to warm up - but be careful to watch it so it doesn't burn).
If you have never had burrata it is basically a fresh mozzarella ball stuffed with cream. Yep. You read that right.
Mozzarella cheese has a more delicate flavor that is more stringy and elastic in texture. Whereas burrata cheese is rich, soft, and delicate. You break a burrata ball open and let the fresh cream inside ooze out onto whatever you are serving.
It’s literally divine!
If you have a dish that you include fresh mozzarella, try using burrata next time for an elevated flavor.
That is it! Be sure to make this Peach, Prosciutto, and Burrata Summer Flatbread your next homemade pizza night. I am a fan of regular cheese pizza, don't get me wrong, but I feel so adult and grown-up eating this one. 🙂
More Summer Recipes You Will Love!
- Peach and Tomato Caprese Salad with Crispy Prosciutto
- Fresh Peach Cobbler
- Easy Mint Cold Brew
- Frozen Watermelon and Mint Margarita
- Herbed Grilled Chicken
- 5 Ingredient Watermelon Orzo Salad
- Healthy Mexican Street Corn Dip
Heather Bilyeu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.