Peppermint candy cane dip is the perfect festive appetizer or dessert this holiday season! Just 6 ingredients and made in less than 10 minutes - everyone will love this dip this Christmas.
I love this time of year. I love a good appetizer. I love a festive theme. And I love when all of these things can be in one - aka - this peppermint candy cane dip!
It is so festive and fun, easy to make (hello 1 bowl and under 10 minutes), it's delicious, it's on brand for Christmas, and it's something that will make everyone smile this season.
We all love the Christmas cookies and the traditional holiday foods and apps, but mix it up this year with a sweet dessert dip that can be served alone for a dessert or on a charcuterie board for a festive spin this Christmas season. I know you will love this one!
You just need a couple of ingredients for this easy candy cane dip that comes together in 1 bowl in less than 10 minutes.
- Cream Cheese
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Bean Paste* - vanilla extract can be used as well, the paste just yields a better vanilla flavor IMO
- Peppermint Extract *
- Pink or Red Food Coloring
- Candy Canes
How to Make
- In a large bowl, add softened cream cheese and marshmallow fluff and mix with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add in powdered sugar, vanilla, peppermint extract, and a tiny drop of pink food coloring (can be omitted, but a tiny drop adds a festive light pink color to the dip. Add just a little but to start - you can always add more if a deeper color is desired. A small amount of red food coloring will also work). Mix until all combined, smooth, and creamy.
- Add 6 candy canes to a large ziptop bag. Crush finely with a rolling pin. Add 4 tablespoons of crushed candy canes to the cream cheese mixture. Mix with a spatula until evenly distributed throughout.
- Place dip in a serving bowl and sprinkle the remaining crushed candy cane on top.
What To Serve With It
There are so many options that you can serve with this. You can go sweet, savory, or in my opinion BOTH!
Sweet Serving Ideas:
- Gingerbread men cookies
- graham crackers (regular or chocolate!)
- vanilla wafers
Savory Serving Ideas:
- Honey twist pretzels
- regular pretzels
- water crackers
There are no rules so serve with anything you like or your favorite dipping treats! This would also make a perfect dip to include on a Christmas charcuterie board! I love adding a sweet treat to any cheese board I make, so this would be a great festive touch to add this month for all the holiday parties!
How to Prep Ahead of Time
You know how I love to prep anything and everything ahead of time if possible. And it is most definitely possible with this!
- Make according to the directions, and store covered in the fridge up to 2 days before serving - EXCEPT do not add the candy canes.
- Add the crushed candy canes right before serving. Stir in some of them and sprinkle the remaining on top. That way they will still have a crunch to them. If you put them in beforehand, then they will soften up a bit. Not a big deal and totally fine, but adding them right before serving ensures they have the fresh crunch!
Frequently Asked Questions
Keep leftovers covered tightly in the fridge for 4-5 days.
I like to put my candy canes in a zip-top bag and seal them. Place the bag on the counter on top of a kitchen towel that covered the bottom and top. Using a wooden rolling pin or a meat tenderizer, bang on the bag to crush the candy bags. Having it in between a towel will prevent any dust and candy cane bits from flying out if the bag tears a little.
More Christmas Appetizer & Dessert Recipes
- The Best Holiday Spicy Cranberry Dip
- 4 Ingredient Apple Dip
- Crunchy Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Poppers
- Whipped Feta Dip with Honey and Pistachios
- Sausage Ball Recipe
- Classic Southern Deviled Eggs
- Charcuterie Board
- Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- Gingerbread Cookie Dip
DISCLOSURE. SOME OF THE LINKS BELOW ARE AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS THAT IF YOU CLICK ON A PRODUCT LINK, I MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION. THIS COMPENSATION COMES AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU, AND AS ALWAYS I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I TRUST! HEATHER BILYEU IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR SITES TO EARN ADVERTISING FEES BY ADVERTISING AND LINKING TO AMAZON.COM.