The Best Holiday Spicy Cranberry Dip is the go-to appetizer that I have and bring to all the holiday parties. Minimal ingredients, so easy and mindblowing delicious!
There aren't enough words to explain my love for this dip. It speaks to me on a deep level.
Maybe because I have unashamedly eaten cheese and crackers for dinner on many occasions and this is a must for an appetizer (or dinner 😉 ) during the holidays!
This is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. It reminds me of pepper jelly dip which is one of my fav things of all time! All of these are good reasons why this is the best holiday spicy cranberry dip ever!
I do not have or go to a party from October - December without this in hand.
This is the thing, it is so easy. 1 recipe makes enough for 2-3x worth of use and everyone goes crazy for it! Plus it is a beautiful bright red and is so aesthetically pleasing for any holiday table. I am telling you, you have to have to make the best holiday spicy cranberry dip! It is literally my favorite!
What Kitchen Equipment Do I Need to Make The Best Holiday Spicy Cranberry Dip?
Here is the scoop. You will need a food processor - this is my favorite way to make this dip. If you don't have one, a heavy duty blender will work too.
How to Make the Best Holiday Spicy Cranberry Dip in Under 10 Minutes.
- Dump 1 bag of fresh cranberries in the food processor.
- Add finely chopped jalapenos - side note: I like to go ahead and chop these myself first. I know it is a hassle but the food processor will end up shredding them into weirdly shaped bites and that's no good. Also, I like mine on the spicier side so I use 3-4 small jalapeños - use your judgment based on your preference.
- Add in thinly sliced green onions and place the lid on. Pulse to start chopping and mixing everything together. You can go as coarse or as fine as you would like. I like mine on the finer side so I pulse until the mixture is finely and evenly chopped together.
- Place mixture into a bowl or large Tupperware and add in orange zest, sugar, and spices. Mix to combine and place covered in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
As you let this sit, the flavors will mix together and the sugar will help create a bit of a sweet saucy liquid. Serve this over a block of cream cheese and the best crackers in the world, Carr's Water Crackers! There is enough dip for 2-3 cream cheese blocks, so there will be plenty to go around and share.
How Long Does This Dip Last?
This will last in the fridge for up to 7-8 days, so it's perfect to keep snacking on. I even like to put it on salad too...it's so stinking good!
I am telling you, once you see how easy this is to make and how addicting it is, you will be like me and won't leave your house without some in hand!
Love holiday appetizers like I do? Here are some more irresistible ones for you!
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon
- How to Make Loaded Deviled Eggs
- Tomato & Bacon Cream Cheese Dip
- Spinach and Artichoke Puff Pastry Swirls
- Come to the Table: How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Cheesy Green Onion Sausage Balls