The Best Holiday Spicy Cranberry Dip is the go-to appetizer that I have and bring to all holiday parties. Minimal ingredients, so easy and mind-blowing delicious!
There aren't enough words to explain my love for this dip. It speaks to me on a deep level.
Maybe because I have unashamedly eaten cheese and crackers for dinner on many occasions and this is a must for an appetizer (or dinner 😉 ) during the holidays!
This is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. It reminds me of pepper jelly dip which is one of my fav things of all time! All of these are good reasons why this is the best holiday spicy cranberry dip ever!
I do not have or go to a party from October - December without this in hand.
This is the thing, it is so easy. 1 recipe makes enough for 2-3x worth of use and everyone goes crazy for it! Plus it is a beautiful bright red and is so aesthetically pleasing for any holiday table. I am telling you, you have to have to make the best holiday spicy cranberry dip! It is literally my favorite!
What Equipment Is Needed?
Here is the scoop. You will need a food processor for this recipe to make it super easy- this is my favorite way to make this dip. If you don't have one, a heavy-duty blender will work too. Skip chopping the cranberries by hand. No one has time for that!
- Green Onion
- Fresh Cranberries
How to Make
This is such an easy and simple dip recipe to make. But pro tip - dice your jalapeños and green onion before adding to the food processor. If you were to add them whole they do not get chopped up very well and will result in an unpleasantly large bite of each. Chop them first so that everything gets finely diced and is the same size.
- Finely dice the jalapenos and green onions. Add to a food processor.
- Add in 1 bag of fresh cranberries, and the rest of the ingredients to the food processor. Pulse around 10 times just to mix and finely dice the cranberries.
- Place into a bowl or large Tupperware. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Place a block of cream cheese on a platter and spread out in the a thin layer. Spoon out cranberry dip to cover.
- Serve with water crackers.
As you let this sit, the flavors will mix together and the sugar will help create a bit of a sweet saucy liquid. It is divine! My favorite cracker to serve this with is Carr's water crackers. And PS - you can usually find a HUGE box of them on sale at Costco during the holidays. Just go ahead and grab it because you will be making this more than once!
Frequently Asked Questions
This will last in the fridge for up to 7 days, so it's perfect to keep snacking on. It makes enough to serve with 2-3 blocks of cream cheese too. I even like to put it on salad too...it's so stinking good!
Yes! You can make up to 2 days in advance for the best freshness. Keep in a tuperware container in the fridge and spoon over cream cheese when ready to serve.
I like to serve this in a pie pie. Spread the cream cheese layer thinly over the dish and then spoon the spicy jalapeño cranberry dip on top. It gives the perfect cheese to dip scooping ratio IMO! 😉
Yes you cam, but it will be a bit more time consuming. You can finely dice the cranberries by hand, along with the jalapeños and green onions. Just make sure everything is very small and around the same size. Stir in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
More Dip Recipes
- 4 Ingredient Apple Dip
- Whipped Feta Dip with Honey and Pistachios
- Easy Skillet Chorizo Cheese Dip
- Tomato & Bacon Cream Cheese Dip
More Appetizer Recipes
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon
- How to Make Loaded Deviled Eggs
- Spinach and Artichoke Puff Pastry Swirls
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Sausage Ball Recipe
- Greek Phyllo Wrapped Feta and Honey
- Crunchy Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Poppers
- Everything Bagel Bites Stuffed with Cream Cheese