The Munchies cookie is full of everything you would want when you have the munchies. Pretzels, potato chips, caramel, and peanut butter cups. These cookies are loaded with the perfect salty-sweet combo!
I have had this munchies cookie recipe sitting waiting for Christmas cookie week since JANUARY! 12 months people! For 12 months I have been waiting to share this epic cookie y'all are going to LOVE!!!!
After I made the White Chocolate Peppermint & Pretzel Cookies last Christmas season, it got me in the mood to play around with some more loaded monster style cookies.
I am actually not a huge sweets person. I will have salty-cheesy-crunchy over sweets any day!
I knew I wanted to load up a cookie with some salty goodness and honestly just threw a bunch of stuff into the cookie dough.
- salty ruffle crunchy potato chips
- bite size mini pretzels
- peanut butter cup goodness
- and rich caramel
You have the chewy. You have the crunchy. You have the sweet. You have the salty. Chocolate. Oats.
So truly - what other name is more fitting than THE MUNCHIES COOKIE?!
Eat your heart out friends!
Ingredients Needed for The Munchies Cookie
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Old Fashion Oats
- Baking Powder
- Potato Chips
- Mini Pretzels
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Caramels Squares
How to Make the Munchies Cookie
You are pretty much going to use everything but the kitchen sink in these bad boys.
PRO TIP - only mix the dough about halfway before adding all the "extras". That way the paddle attachment to the mixer will help break up the chips, pretzels, and PB cups a little more to bring it all together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer cream the butter and both sugars for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until just combined - being careful not to over mix.
- Add the flour, oatmeal, salt, and baking powder. Mix for about 30 seconds. The dough should not be fully combined. Just until about halfway mixed through.
- Add in the potato chips, mini-pretzels, halved Reese's cups, and caramel bits and finish mixing until it just comes together. The mixer will help crush the chips and pretzels and thoroughly combined everything.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
How to Store Cookies
Store cooled and decorated cookies in an airtight container for up to a week.
How to Freeze Cookies
Once the cookies are cooled completely. Place in a freezer-safe zip-top bag, container, or vacuum seal.
Place in the freezer for 3 months (or a year if vacuum-sealed). Remove from freezer and place on a platter and allow to come to room temp when ready to enjoy. Chocolate dipped cookies can be stored the same way.
**Use code “SOUTHERNSOUL” to get 10% off all Vesta Precision products. Affiliate link**
More Cookie Recipes
- No Chill Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Butter Icing
- No Bake Cookies
- White Chocolate Peppermint & Pretzel Cookies
- Peanut Butter & White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Cookies
- Classic Coconut Macaroons