This 5 Ingredient Watermelon Orzo Salad is the perfect side dish for the summer! All of the flavor balance perfectly and you won't be able to get enough!
5 ingredient watermelon orzo salad has a special place in my heart. Not only do I practically live off of this in the summer and serve it to everyone, but it was also the very first post to go live when I launched Fueling a Southern Soul on July 5, 2017.
Fueling a Southern Soul all started with watermelon orzo salad. ?
Thank goodness I have learned a little bit more about styling, photo composition, and lighting!
We have gone from this
and all still shot by me and my iPhone.
Now I basically eat my weight in watermelon during the summer months. I count down the days for when I can buy our first ripe watermelon of the season.
I probably spend a good five minutes carefully inspecting each melon in the massive cardboard boxes in the grocery. I will have to say that I enjoy putting my deadlifting skills to practical use when I always seem to pick one at the bottom of the box. I might as well crawl in and get it out, it would probably be easier.
There is always a little prayer said before cutting it open. Praying all my ripe picking abilities paid off and it is the perfect balance of bright red, deliciously juicy and perfectly sweet.
This takes less than 15 minutes to put together and only 5 ingredients. Lime, feta, orzo, fresh mint, and of course watermelon.
Ingredients Needed for 5 Ingredient Watermelon Orzo Salad
- 1 Cup Orzo
- ⅓ Large Watermelon
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 8–10 Fresh Mint Leaves
- ½ Cup Feta
How to Make Watermelon Orzo Salad
- Cook the orzo according to package directions (2 cups of water per 1 cup of dry orzo).
- While the pasta is cooking, cube watermelon. Make sure to cut into smaller bite-size pieces.
- Once orzo is finished cooking, place in a large bowl and let cool slightly.
- Chiffonade fresh mint.
- Combine watermelon, mint, juice of 1 lime and feta into orzo bowl and gently toss.
- Can be served immediately, at room temperature, or chilled.
How Long Does Watermelon Orzo Salas Keep?
This is best enjoyed the day you made.
It will keep 2 days after you make, just store tightly wrapped in the refrigerator. I like to add a couple of spoonfuls of fresh melon when I am eating the leftovers.
I hope you all can enjoy this simple and refreshing Watermelon Orzo Salad much as we do!
For other easy and delicious summer recipes, be sure to check out these others as well!
- Summer Orzo Salad
- Orzo Salad with Chili Lime Vinaigrette
- Pineapple and Poblano Salsa
- Healthy Mexican Street Corn Dip
- White Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries & Basil
- Quick and Easy Garden Fresh Salsa
- Corn Peach & Jalapeno Salsa with Burrata on Toast Points
- BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad with Herb Yogurt Dressing
- Grilled BBQ Baby Back Ribs