Red, White, and Blue Cake Mix Cookies are the perfect sweet treat for your Fourth of July celebration! Festive, sweet, and super easy to make!
The 4th of July is my second favorite holiday! Only behind Christmas, so I mean...I feel like that is a big deal. ? Give me all the star and stripped things to wear, all day by the water, and ice-cold beverage and red white and blue cake mix cookies for a sweet treat!
And while I am wearing anything with stars and stripes on it. I am also bringing all the foods that are red white and blue themes to the cookout.
These cookies are made with boxed cake mix and are SO EASY! Anyone can do it, it uses 1 bowl, and they will be a fan favorite!
- Box of White Cake Mix
- Red, White, and Blue Sprinkles
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, add eggs, oil, vanilla, and salt and whisk until combined.
- Sift cake mix until there are no large clumps and add to egg mixture. Mix with a spatula until everything is incorporated.
- Add in ½ cup of sprinkles and mix.
- In another bowl, add the remaining sprinkles. Scoop cookie dough into a ball then roll around in sprinkles making sure all sides are covered and lay on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Let rest on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Tips for Making
Here are a couple of tips for making these cookies that I have learned throughout the year:
- This is not your traditional cookie dough batter. It is more "sticky" than regular cookie dough. Essential a thick cake batter - scoop-able cake batter per-se. With that, using a cookie scoop is crucial! But don't be alarmed by the dough - it is supposed to look that way.
- Because it is more of thick sticky dough, there is a bit more "give to it". Especially went rolling in sprinkles. If you are to just scoop straight onto a baking sheet - no problem. But when scooping and rolling around in sprinkles, it can be stickier and not as solid as regular dough. You can stick the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to help "set up" a little more but TBH I never do that because I don't have time for it. 😉
- No mixer is needed! Just use a whisk, spatula, and ONE BOWL! Bless!
- These can be made for any holiday! Just sub out the sprinkles!
- Red and Green for Christmas!
- Pastels for Easter!
- Orange and Black for Halloween
- Green for St. Patty's Day ...... you get the picture!
Frequently Asked Questions
Store extra cookies in an airtight container for up to 5-6 days.
I find jimmies to be the best. Sanding sugar or nonpareils wouldn't work very well because they just "melt" into the dough. But use patriotic stars or Christmas trees or whatever thicker Jimmie-like sprinkles you want!
More 4th of July Desserts
- Red White and Blue Fruit Pizza
- Peach Cobbler
- Grown Up Cherry Toaster Strudel
- Red White and Blue Oreo Balls
- Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad