Buffalo chicken dip sliders are everything you love about your favorite spicy dip but in sandwich form! Creamy, tangy, and cheesy all tucked inside sweet Hawaiian rolls. This is the perfect appetizer for any game-day celebration!
I am pretty sure my husband would turn into buffalo chicken dip if that was possible. It is one of his ultimate weaknesses where all self-control goes out the window. He tells me not to make it because he knows he won't be able to stop eating it. Really any hot and cheesy dip like Easy Skillet Chorizo Cheese Dip and 3 Ingredient Chili Cheese Dip is a "you need to wear stretchy pants because we will 100% eat too much" kinda situation around here. 🙂
Well, let me tell you he was not upset when I put two of his favorite snacks together in one: buffalo chicken dip and the irresistible ham and cheese Hawaiian sliders we all love. Now I don't have self-control when it comes to those ham and cheese sliders - anyone else?! How are they so good?!
So why not just put us all over the top and enjoy the best of both worlds? Your beloved creamy, cheesy, spicy buffalo dip in a handheld slider form. I promise this will be your new go-to appetizer!
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - it is roughly about 2-3 cups. See below for some other easy options in regard to the chicken!
- Hot Sauce - we usually have Franks Red Hot Sauce on hand, but use your favorite or any hot sauce brand for this - it doesn't matter!
- Cream Cheese - full fat is best for this recipe. I do not recommend using fat-free.
- Cheddar Cheese - I always prefer to buy a block of cheese and shred it myself, but pre-shredded bagged cheddar works here too if you would like.
- Ranch Dressing - use your favorite brand, it doesn't matter the kind. 🙂
- King's Hawaiian Rolls
- Garlic powder
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Dill
- Onion Powder
- Dried Mustard
How to Make
- Prep chicken. Place the chicken breast on a baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until fully cooked through. Remove from the oven and shred.
- Mix filling. In a large bowl combine chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, and ranch dressing. Mix well until everything is combined well.
- Assemble sliders. With a serrated knife, slice the Hawaiian rolls in half (do not separate each roll, just slice all 12 together). Place in a baking pan. Spread the dip filling evenly over the bottom of the rolls. Sprinkle the rest of the ½ cup of cheese on top and top with the tops of the rolls.
- Make butter sauce. Add the butter and spices to a small saucepan. Melt on the stove over medium heat. Brush the mixture over the top of the sliders.
- Bake sliders. Cover the baking pan with foil and place in the oven at 350 and bake for 20 minutes. Remove once finished, remove the foil, and enjoy hot and fresh!
Tips, Tricks, and Variations
There are a couple of tips for making the best buffalo chicken Hawaiian roll sliders on the planet. Here are some things that I think are helpful when making this easy hot appetizer:
- Do not separate rolls when slicing. When you slice the Hawaiian rolls, there is no need to separate each roll and slice it in half. Just keep them in the large rectangle and slice all 12 together. They are easy to pull apart and enjoy after they are baked. So save yourself some tedious time and just slice it all together. A serrated knife* is the best kitchen tool for this too!
- Different chicken options. I am a firm believer in making things easy in the kitchen! This recipe is baked off the boneless skinless chicken breast, but use whatever kind of chicken you like and think is easiest. You could use shredded Costco rotisserie chicken (life saver and so cheap), or canned chicken*, or you can make the chicken in the instant pot or slow cooker. Basically cook it however is easiest and use whatever variety is easiest for you!
- Easy shredding. Toss that chicken in your stand mixer and let it do all the tedious shredded for you! Forget the 2 forks and the 10 minutes it would take. Just toss it in a mixer, and turn it on low for a minute or until everything is nice and shredded. Easy peasy!
- Don't forget the foil. You do not want to forget the foil when baking. The tops of the rolls will brown too much and get hard and it isn't the best. So wrap that baking dish in foil so the sliders are nice, hot, and soft!
Frequently Asked Questions
Wrap any leftovers you have tightly with plastic wrap or in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for 2-3 days. These are delicious cold even, but if you would like them warm, place them in the microwave for 10-20 seconds until warmed through and soft.
Absolutely! You can make the dip filling part 2-3 days before baking off the actual sliders. Just make the buffalo chicken dip according to the recipe below and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. When ready to assemble the sliders, remove them from the fridge and proceed with the recipe.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Kentucky Derby Hot Brown Sliders
- Easy Ham and Swiss Biscuit Sandwiches
- Crunchy Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Poppers
Disclosure. Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you click on a product link, I may receive compensation. This compensation comes at no additional cost to you, and as always I only recommend products I trust! Heather Bilyeu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.