Tomato & Bacon Cream Cheese Dip is an easy appetizer that will be an instant crowd-pleaser! Sautéed tomatoes, crispy bacon, and a creamy base - you won't be able to stop eating it!
Ok so we covered cookie week last week - now we are onto appetizer week this week! Tomato & Bacon Cream Cheese Dip is going to be the ultimate crowd-pleaser this holiday season!
I love a good app. I like to have a couple of my favorites on rotation always. For those times you have guests over to the house, to bring to a holiday party, or even just to enjoy in the comfort of your own home. You always need a good appetizer that checks all the boxes!
- Easy - check!
- Delicious - check!
- Enjoyed by all - check!
- 1 Pound Bacon - sliced into bits
- 10 Ounces Cherry Tomatoes - halved
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 4 Green Onions
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ Teaspoons White Pepper
How to Make
- STEP 1: Start by frying up your bacon. I talked about this before (pro tip in my Slow Cooker Green Beans recipe) but I like to take kitchen shears and cut up my bacon straight into a skillet instead of using a knife to slice. It's quicker, easier, and less messy.
- STEP 2: Fry up a pound of bacon. While that is cooking, slice your pint of cherry tomatoes in half and your green onions.
- STEP 3: Once the bacon is finished, place it on a plate lined with paper towels and drain. Pour out 75% of the bacon grease (keep it in a mason jar in your fridge if you are southern 😉 ) and place in halved cherry tomatoes in the skillet.
- STEP 4: Sauté the tomatoes for about 10 minutes until soft and starting to caramelize.
- STEP 5: While the tomatoes are cooking, place the cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl and mix until well combined. I find it best for the cream cheese to be room temp and to use a hand mixer for everything to mix well and not have chunks of cream cheese.
- STEP 6: Add in your sautéed tomatoes, crispy bacon, sliced green onions, salt, and white pepper. The white pepper is the secret ingredient to send this over the top!
- STEP 7: Mix until everything is combined and you are done!
You can eat this right away warm or place it in the fridge until you need it enjoy it cold. It can keep in the fridge for up to 3 days if you need to make it in advance.
What Do I Serve with Tomato & Bacon Cream Cheese Dip?
My favorite and go-to for most cheese-based dips is Carr's Water Crackers. They are BY FAR the best brand and during the holidays you can find a HUGE box of them for next to nothing at Costco.
- Any type of your fav cracker will work though
- or some fresh veggies like carrot or celery sticks. Snap peas would even be so yummy!
- Basically, anything that is scoopable. 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can! I am all about things you can make ahead of time! Make this and keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days. So make it the day before needed and bring it out to serve cold whenever you are ready!
Place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
More Appetizer Recipes
- Everything Bagel Bites Stuffed with Cream Cheese
- 4 Ingredient Apple Dip
- Greek Phyllo Wrapped Feta and Honey
- Crunchy Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Poppers
- Easy Skillet Chorizo Cheese Dip
- Whipped Feta Dip with Honey and Pistachios
- Come to the Table: How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Plantain Bites with Guava Crema Dip
- The Best Holiday Spicy Cranberry Dip
- Healthy Mexican Street Corn Dip