Apple Bundt Cake with Bourbon Caramel Glaze is everything your apple and fall dreams are made of. Perfectly moist and absolutely irresistible topped with the most luscious bourbon caramel in the world!
I suppose it's officially fall so we can start rolling out the fall recipes & thinking about all the holiday things. I am still hanging on to this warm weather for dear life, but I must admit, Apple Bundt Cake is making me get more in the fall mood with every bit I take.
This cake recipe requires 2 bowls and is so simple to make.
- Ingredients Needed for Apple Bundt Cake
- How to Make Apple Bundt Cake
- While That is Baking, Make the Bourbon Caramel Glaze
- What Kind of Apples Do You Use for this Bundt Cake?
- Can I Replace the Bourbon in This Recipe?
- How to Store Leftover Apple Bundt Cake
- How to Freeze Apple Bundt Cake
- More Delicious Fall Recipes
Ingredients Needed for Apple Bundt Cake
- 1 ½ Cups Oil (vegetable or canola)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 Cups Flour
- 4 Cups Grated Apples (about 3 -4 apples)
Bourbon Caramel Glaze
- 1 Stick Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Bourbon
How to Make Apple Bundt Cake
First bit of good news. No peeling of the apples is required! Bless!
No one has time for that.
We do want these apples finely grated though, and I find using a food processor the easiest way to do so. I am sure you can use a hand grater, but the food processor makes it go so fast.
Quarter your apples and cut out the core. Place in the food processor with the grater attachments and whiz away. You’re going to need a healthy 4 cups of grated apple - which is 3-4 apples depending on how big yours are. Maybe 5 if they are pretty small.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add in oil, sugar, eggs, salt, baking soda, vanilla, and cinnamon. Whisk well until everything is combined.
- To grate the apples, core and add to a food processor with the grater attachment. Peeling the apples isn't necessary. *
- Add in 1 cup of flour and mix until combined. Add in half of the apples and mix until combined. Add in another cup of flour and mix. Finally add in the last of the apples, mix, and then the last cup of flour. The batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into a well-greased bundt pan and place in the oven. Bake for 1 and ½ hours.
- Remove from the oven and insert a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean then the cake is finished. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan then remove and let finish cooling on a baking rack.
- Once the apple cake is completely cooled, add the bourbon caramel sauce to the top and enjoy!
While That is Baking, Make the Bourbon Caramel Glaze
- In a medium saucepan, add in all ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir continuously to make sure it doesn't burn.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, set a timer for 5 minutes and whisk continuously.
- Let cool in the refrigerator while you make and bake the apple cake. Caramel will start to thicken as it cools.
- Pour over the entire apple cake once finished baking and cooled.
What Kind of Apples Do You Use for this Bundt Cake?
Granny smith. You need a firm, tangy apple. I bet honey crisp would be excellent but I haven't tried those (yet).
This apple bundt cake is dense but perfectly moist, bursting with all the fall flavors. The glaze on top will have you jumping for joy and coming back for just one more bite!
Can I Replace the Bourbon in This Recipe?
Absolutely, if you prefer not to add Bourbon to your glaze, just omit it entirely. Add in 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla total and cook according to the instructions above.
How to Store Leftover Apple Bundt Cake
Just wrap with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for up to a week to enjoy any leftovers.
How to Freeze Apple Bundt Cake
If you have any leftover you want to save and freeze, then just do the following:
- Slice the cake and place it on a baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 10-20 minutes until slightly frozen and firm.
- Place the slightly frozen cake slices in a freezer-safe bag or vacuum seal and place it in the freezer for up to 6 months (or 2 years if vacuumed sealed).
- Just place in the fridge for 24 hours to thaw and enjoy!
More Delicious Fall Recipes
- My Mom’s Apple Pie Recipe
- Old Fashioned Pumpkin Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Butter Icing
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Carrot Cake Loaf with Maple Glaze