Southern-style cream corn will be a favorite around the Thanksgiving table. Simple, creamy, and easy to make. You will love this cream corn!
We are covering all the southern Thanksgiving side this year and you know cream corn has to be on the list!
I am pretty sure my husband can eat his body weight in this stuff. He always says that corn is his favorite "vegetable". ?
It doesn't matter what form the corn comes in - on the cob, cheesy corn casserole, cream corn, or just plain straight from the can - HE LOVES IT!
Cute story - the very first time Justin cooked for me when we were dating he made me grilled chicken, black beans, and canned corn (because it is one of his favs). And it was so sweet.
This southern-style dish is rich and creamy with hints of parmesan and nutmeg. It's thick and luscious and omg you're going to love it!
- Canned Sweet Corn
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
How Do You Make it from Scratch?
It is so easy! You just need to
- drain the cans of corn
- add everything into a large pot on the stove on medium heat. Bring up to a simmer.
- Once at a simmer, cover and turn to medium-low. Cook for 30 minutes until the liquid has thickened.
- Serve hot with freshly cracked black pepper and enjoy!
This is easily doubled or even tripled for a large crowd!
What Can You Eat with Southern Style Cream Corn?
This is a perfect dish to serve at your thanksgiving table along with other delicious traditional sides such as
- Southern Cheesy Corn Casserole
- Southern Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- Slow Cooker Green Beans
- Broccoli Casserole
- 1 Hour Dinner Rolls
- Make-Ahead Stuffing
This can also be enjoyed year-round or especially in the fall and winter as it is more of a cozy and rich dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cream corn is thickened by adding 2 tablespoons of flour and cooking low and slow.
Yes there is dairy in cream corn. Butter, cream, and parmesan cheese is included in this dish.
Keep covered tightly in the fridge for 3-4 days.
More Thanksgiving Sides and Veggies
- Mashed Potatoes
- Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad
- Mac and Cheese
- Brown Butter Sweet Potato Casserole
- Broccoli Casserole
- Maple Brussel Sprouts
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
- Green Beans
- Dinner Rolls
- Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- Creamy and Zucchini Sausage Casserole
- How to Fry a Turkey