Triple Berry Brown Butter Crisp
Disclosure. Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you click on a product link, I may receive compensation. This compensation comes at no additional cost to you, and as always I only recommend products I trust!
I don't think I can say this too much. I LOVE SUMMER. I love summer so much! One of my most favorite things about summer is all the fresh produce that is in season. I mean can I just get an amen on wanting to eat the summer fruits and veggies all year long?!
Triple Berry Brown Butter Crisp is a dessert that encompasses the juicy and delicious nature of summer berries that are in right now. I can eat my body weight in any and every berry! This crisp is so easy and simple and can be put together in under 30 minutes. It is perfect for an outdoor dinner party and completely irresistible!
OK, there are 2 great parts about this crisp that I literally can't get enough of. One, berries, duh we already covered that. However, if you do not have the fresh ones on hand (or hello craving this in the winter), that is no problem! Just use a bag of frozen berries and it works perfectly! Two, brown butter crisp. I mean come on! I am a sucker for anything and everything brown butter. It takes the flavor to a whole other level!
To make this crisp all you will need to do is to toss your fruit in a bowl with sugar and cornstarch. When the fruit bakes it is going to become this sweet warm filling with a juicy sauce that will make you want to drink it with a straw. Pour this into a small cast iron skillet or any deep baking dish. Make sure to take a couple chunks of butter and coat the bottom of the pan to preventing anything from sticking.
Next, make the brown butter. Never made it before? It is super easy and I explained everything on how to make it in my Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats post! Let it cool for about 10 minutes then mix it with the rest of the topping ingredients until everything is wet and incorporated from the butter.
Spread across the top of the fruit in an even layer and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Your house is going to smell divine and you will instantly fall in love when you take it out and see that golden crisp topping and the bubble fruit from underneath. Now, this is good on its own but please take it to the next level with home homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Something about that warm and cold contrast in a dessert is heavenly!
You're going to love Triple Berry Brown Butter Crisp! Make this weekend....you deserve it!
Triple Berry Brown Butter Crisp
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
Triple Berry Brown Butter Crisp has all the flavor of summer berries in one irresistible dessert. Warm fruit filling with a crunchy brown butter topping will send your taste buds over the edge!
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Cup Blackberries
OR 16 Ounces Frozen Triple Berry Blend
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- ½ Tablespoon Butter
Brown Butter Crumble
- 1 Stick Butter
- ¼ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¾ Cup Old Fashion Oats
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
For the Fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry fresh fruit and add to a large bowl. Or if using frozen fruit, add the entire bag to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cornstarch and toss till evenly coated.
- In a 9 inch cast iron skillet, add in cubed butter to the bottom then pour in fruit mixture.
- In a medium-size saucepan (preferably a light bottom colored one), add 1 stick of butter over medium heat.
- Cook butter until melted and leave alone to continue to cook and brown.
- Let cook for around 5 minutes. It will start to bubble and you can whisk every so often. You want the butter to change to a caramel color. Brown bits will start to form on the bottom.
- The butter is finished once the caramel color is reached and you can smell the nutty flavor from the brown bits in the bottom.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine brown butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon until everything is well combined and mixed.
- Sprinkle mixture over the fruit in the cast iron skillet in an even layer.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy immediately!
- Regular Flour can be used instead of whole wheat flour.
- Up to another ¼ cup flour can be added if you want your crumble to be a little bit of a drier/crumblier texture.
- This dessert is best hot but can be saved for leftovers for 3-4 days. Just pop in the microwave for a couple seconds to reheat.
- Enjoy this with homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 scoop
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 15.5 g
- Sodium: 4.4 mg
- Fat: 12.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.8 g
- Fiber: 4.7 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 32.3 mg
Keywords: Triple Berry Brown Butter Crisp
Love brown butter just as much as I do? You will love these recipes too!
Heather Bilyeu is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.