Whipped Ricotta Sweet Potatoes are a new twist on a Thanksgiving classic. Lighted up, oh so fluffy, and super easy to make!
Y’all it’s November and we are going HARD on all things holidays from now till the end of the year. We are kicking this Thanksgiving season off with Whipped Ricotta Sweet Potatoes.
How many more days till the Thanksgiving feast again?!
I am giving you another variation of a sweet potato dish today and we have been loving it around here!
How to Make Whipped Ricotta Sweet Potatoes.
It’s actually very simple and just like making mashed potatoes.
- Start by peeling and cubing your sweet potatoes and placing them in a large pot filled with water.
- Bring the pot to a boil and cook for 20 minutes until fork tender.
- Drain and place in a large bowl adding in the butter.
- Using a hand mixer or a potato masher, start mashing the potatoes until no lumps remain.
- Add in your ricotta, milk and spices and mix until light and fluffy.
Serve with butter and enjoy! Easy as that!
Can I Make This with Any Other Kind of Potato?
Absolutely! A normal russet potato that you would make mashed potatoes would work as well and be a fun twist.
Can you Make Whipped Ricotta Sweet Potatoes Ahead of Time and Freeze?
As much as I am a fan of doing as much ahead of time as possible for Thanksgiving, mashed potatoes and these whipped sweet potatoes I think are best made right before you’re ready to eat.
I know, I am sorry :/
But! If you have frozen and prepped as much as you can ahead of time, whipping these potatoes up right before you’re ready to eat isn’t so bad. Have your Aunt or the kids help peel and slice and mash and whip. 🙂 It can be a family affair since everyone is gathered around the kitchen anyways!Print